It's Madness!

General music discussion.
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: It's Madness!

Post by 101Walterton » 08 Oct 2018, 4:47pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 3:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 3:32pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 9:37am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 10:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 6:21pm


But they are all officially released.
😞 yeah that’s why I said you could use them as filler if not enough tracks.
Naughty boy.!😉
The additional tracks (covers) on the TMTY EP are one of my most favourite pieces of music. Imagine a whole album of it. I love the version of Madness from the Lyceum live album.
I'm working on something. Slowly it's coming together so as soon as I'm done I'll let you know.
Oh you tease Marky!!! If you need any input 😉
There are only so many compilations you can make from The Specials recorded tracks as there weren’t that many pre FB3 split) but they did some great live covers.
Last edited by 101Walterton on 08 Oct 2018, 8:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: It's Madness!

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Oct 2018, 6:31pm

Lots of stuff to sort out.
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17419
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: It's Madness!

Post by JennyB » 09 Oct 2018, 11:39am

Fucking fabulous, Marky. Thank you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: It's Madness!

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Oct 2018, 12:07pm

JennyB wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 11:39am
Fucking fabulous, Marky. Thank you.
Hey you are more than welcome.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: It's Madness!

Post by 101Walterton » 28 Jan 2019, 10:56pm

Looking forward to reading this later in the year:



The band's first official book.

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Before We Was We is irreverent, funny and full of character. Just like them.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: It's Madness!

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Jan 2019, 8:25am

101Walterton wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:56pm
Looking forward to reading this later in the year:



The band's first official book.

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Before We Was We is irreverent, funny and full of character. Just like them.
Sounds good. I thought John Reed's "House of Fun - The Story of Madness" was their first official book?
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: It's Madness!

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Jan 2019, 2:18pm

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 8:25am
101Walterton wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:56pm
Looking forward to reading this later in the year:



The band's first official book.

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Before We Was We is irreverent, funny and full of character. Just like them.
Sounds good. I thought John Reed's "House of Fun - The Story of Madness" was their first official book?
Do did I and a great read. Perhaps they mean the first written by the band themselves?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40248
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: It's Madness!

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Jan 2019, 2:29pm

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 2:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 8:25am
101Walterton wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 10:56pm
Looking forward to reading this later in the year:



The band's first official book.

North London. The 1970s. Amid a grim landscape of bomb sites, squats, public baths and rough pubs, a loose gang of misfits and outsiders started making music together - riding freight trains, spraying graffiti, stealing records, clothes and musical instruments. Escaping the fringes of criminality, they formed a band...

These lairy but charismatic chaps became Madness, one of the most successful pop groups ever, in the UK and beyond. In Before We Was We, their first official book, they tell us the story of how they became them. It's a journey full of luck, skill and charm, as they duck and dive by day and make the name in London's exploding music scene by night, zipping around the capital in their Morris Minor vans.

Their formative years, 1970-79, provided inspiration for many Madness classics, including 'Baggy Trousers', 'The Prince', 'Our House' and 'My Girl': songs that four decades later still soundtrack weddings and funerals and inspire mass singalongs in concert halls.

This is the riotous coming-of-age tale of seven unique individuals, whose collective graft, energy and talent took them from the sweaty depths of the Hope and Anchor basement to the Top of the Pops studio.

In their own words, they each look back on their past and how during those shared adventures, they formed a bond that's lasted forty years.

Before We Was We is irreverent, funny and full of character. Just like them.
Sounds good. I thought John Reed's "House of Fun - The Story of Madness" was their first official book?
Do did I and a great read. Perhaps they mean the first written by the band themselves?
Yeah could be mate. I'm looking forward to it.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tepista and 8 guests