Sex Pistols

General music discussion.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Silent Majority »

"I JuSt LOvE tHe PAgEaNtRy" is a coward's way of saying they have no issue with people dying of starvation or cold for the sake of golden carriages.

I expected Lydon's reaction. I was more non-plussed that MacGowan gloomily acceded to the suggestion of whatever half-cousin on the payroll who runs his Twitter account to pass on his condolences.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 9:33am
"I JuSt LOvE tHe PAgEaNtRy" is a coward's way of saying they have no issue with people dying of starvation or cold for the sake of golden carriages.
That's really well put. :approve:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 10:38am
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm not sure I agree. Whether you love or hate (as I do) all the pageantry it still exists none the less. If none us are doing anything about it and just accepting it then surely we are all cowards and just as guilty.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 6:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I'm not sure I agree. Whether you love or hate (as I do) all the pageantry it still exists none the less. If none us are doing anything about it and just accepting it then surely we are all cowards and just as guilty.
Nah, not at all:

A) I'm not boosting the pageantry, like John Lydon and every other right-wing-TV-and-radio-brainwormed fuck. Given the choice, I would see it disappear and the proceeds given to the hungry, sick, and poor. He, like the establishment that he's a part of, wants the whole crushing melodrama to continue at its current budget to bring credibility to the concept of a ruling class and, now, continuity to a rapidly worsening country. So I'm not guilty, like hypocritical John.

B) I'll sign any useless petition put under my nose to get the Royals to be defunded and allow them to live off their holdings. I can't do much more than that in this farce of a democracy. It's unwise to even make jokes on social media about the Queen becoming the world's most expensive plant grower lest the virulent tabloids hunt you up and have you hounded out of your job for not displaying sufficient Respect. Brands have been shitting themselves all over the nation trying to suss the right formulae to not piss off the fifth estate and making some hilarious misjudgements in their race to show the correct level of mourning. Likewise, people protesting in the most peaceful fashion have been dragged off to cells and given what our friends in the Eighties might have called "a right bloody good questioning, all over their faces." I'm no coward for not getting involved against the British Army. It weighs fifteen hundred tons. Capitalism (& here, the ringing echoes of feudalism) separates us and atomises us from one another. Among its sins, it forces us to look after ourselves and our own, as nobody else is going to. I could commit myself to the propaganda of the deed and become a lone revolutionary activist, but my family and loved ones would suffer because of it. I could start a peaceful movement and do everything I can, but,the likelihood of that coming to fruition is up there with a Euromillions win. So, no, my best course of action is to bitch about it on the internet and keep my head down.
Last edited by Silent Majority on 17 Sep 2022, 7:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 6:31pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Nah, not at all:

A) I'm not boosting the pageantry, like John Lydon and every other right-wing-TV-and-brainwormed fuck. Given the choice, I would see it disappear and the proceeds given to the hungry, sick, and poor. He, like the establishment that he's a part of, wants the whole crushing melodrama to continue at its current budget to bring credibility to the concept of a ruling class and now continuity to a rapidly worsening country. So I'm not guilty, like hypocritical John.

B) I'll sign any useless petition put under my nose to get the Royals to be defunded and allow them to live off their holdings. I can't do much more than that in this farce of a democracy. It's unwise to even make jokes on social media about the Queen becoming the world's most expensive plant grower lest the virulent tabloids hunt you up and have you hounded out of your job for not displaying sufficient Respect. Brands have been shitting themselves all over the nation trying to suss the right formulae to not piss off the fifth estate and making some hilarious misjudgements in their race to show the correct level of mourning. Likewise, people protesting in the most peaceful fashion have been dragged off to cells and given what our friends in the Eighties might have called "a right bloody good questioning, all over their faces." I'm no coward for not getting involved against the British Army. It weighs fifteen hundred tons. Capitalism (& here, the ringing echoes of feudalism) seperates us and atomises us from one another. Among its sins, it forces us to look after ourselves and our own, as nobody else is going to. I could commit myself to the propaganda of the deed and become a lone revolutionary activist, but my family and loved ones would suffer because of it. I could start a peaceful movement and do everything I can, but, no my best course of action is to bitch about it on the internet and keep my head down.
So nothing changes. You by your own admission feel powerless as do I. Yet I doubt for a second we are not such a small minority as we are made to feel by the media covering current events.

And yet we the collective sit and watch and do nothing because of a system we are forced to accept. Forever made to feel if we step out of line our families and loved ones will suffer. Mumble, mumble moan, moan.

I've taken direct action many times when I was a younger man. Fighting the NF and the British Movement and the like. Been arrested on more than one occasion spent nights in cells taken digs from shitty cops.

But there's a futility to it when you realise nothing changes and that makes me feel guilty by knowing that I have no choice but to accept the bullshit that many others simply won't bother either. History does show that numbers have achieved change at times. But hey we're British so let's just keep complaining. :disshame:

Lydon saying he likes the pageantry or monarchy doesn't make any difference to me in the least. He's only a pop singer not a revolutionary. Real action takes place on the street not in the pop charts.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 7:09pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Nah, not at all:

A) I'm not boosting the pageantry, like John Lydon and every other right-wing-TV-and-brainwormed fuck. Given the choice, I would see it disappear and the proceeds given to the hungry, sick, and poor. He, like the establishment that he's a part of, wants the whole crushing melodrama to continue at its current budget to bring credibility to the concept of a ruling class and now continuity to a rapidly worsening country. So I'm not guilty, like hypocritical John.

B) I'll sign any useless petition put under my nose to get the Royals to be defunded and allow them to live off their holdings. I can't do much more than that in this farce of a democracy. It's unwise to even make jokes on social media about the Queen becoming the world's most expensive plant grower lest the virulent tabloids hunt you up and have you hounded out of your job for not displaying sufficient Respect. Brands have been shitting themselves all over the nation trying to suss the right formulae to not piss off the fifth estate and making some hilarious misjudgements in their race to show the correct level of mourning. Likewise, people protesting in the most peaceful fashion have been dragged off to cells and given what our friends in the Eighties might have called "a right bloody good questioning, all over their faces." I'm no coward for not getting involved against the British Army. It weighs fifteen hundred tons. Capitalism (& here, the ringing echoes of feudalism) seperates us and atomises us from one another. Among its sins, it forces us to look after ourselves and our own, as nobody else is going to. I could commit myself to the propaganda of the deed and become a lone revolutionary activist, but my family and loved ones would suffer because of it. I could start a peaceful movement and do everything I can, but, no my best course of action is to bitch about it on the internet and keep my head down.
So nothing changes. You by your own admission feel powerless as do I. Yet I doubt for a second we are not such a small minority as we are made to feel by the media covering current events.

And yet we the collective sit and watch and do nothing because of a system we are forced to accept. Forever made to feel if we step out of line our families and loved ones will suffer. Mumble, mumble moan, moan.

I've taken direct action many times when I was a younger man. Fighting the NF and the British Movement and the like. Been arrested on more than one occasion spent nights in cells taken digs from shitty cops.

But there's a futility to it when you realise nothing changes and that makes me feel guilty by knowing that I have no choice but to accept the bullshit that many others simply won't bother either. History does show that numbers have achieved change at times. But hey we're British so let's just keep complaining. :disshame:

Lydon saying he likes the pageantry or monarchy doesn't make any difference to me in the least. He's only a pop singer not a revolutionary. Real action takes place on the street not in the pop charts.
Not here, with me, bitching about stuff on the internet?

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 7:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 7:09pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Nah, not at all:

Not here, with me, bitching about stuff on the internet?
No. Some people still stick there necks out.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

How legit is the "Sid's blood" Bollocks poster?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:51am
It’s actually Steve’s jizz.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:51am
I would say there's every possibility it's legit if it's the one that was on the wall in Pindock Muse the London flat Sid and Nancy shared. Which I think Topper took over for a while after Sid went to the States.

This poster to be more precise.
Attachments
Sid-and-Nancy-03.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This morning, I watched a tepid documentary on Sid called Love Kills. If you haven't seen it, don't worry. Matlock, of course, is always willing to participate, but what I found funny is that one of the talking heads was the guy who played Paul Cook in Sid & Nancy. He's somewhat relevant when that movie gets discussed, but he's included giving in opinions on other Pistols stuff, too. Couldn't find Jamie Reid's dogwalker to participate?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 8:20am
This morning, I watched a tepid documentary on Sid called Love Kills. If you haven't seen it, don't worry. Matlock, of course, is always willing to participate, but what I found funny is that one of the talking heads was the guy who played Paul Cook in Sid & Nancy. He's somewhat relevant when that movie gets discussed, but he's included giving in opinions on other Pistols stuff, too. Couldn't find Jamie Reid's dogwalker to participate?
Directed by Alan Parker?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 8:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 8:20am
Directed by Alan Parker?
Yup. Amusingly, he even sits as a talking head at various points, like he's being interviewed. Just cheap-ass construction the whole way. There's also a scene where he stands in front of the apartment that he identifies as Sid and Nancy's, seemingly Eric Idle's confused narrator in The Rutles.