23 Aug 2021, 6:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 4:57pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 4:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 3:43pm

Kory are you really Keith Levene?
If I was, you can bet I'd have been a lot more prolific.
Yes but would you have taken as much substance abuse?
Yeah probably, especially at that age.
Then I doubt you would've been a lot more prolific.😉
Drugs affect different people differently, you never know until you try them all.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 1:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 7:27pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 6:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 4:57pm
Kory wrote:
23 Aug 2021, 4:50pm

If I was, you can bet I'd have been a lot more prolific.
Yes but would you have taken as much substance abuse?
Yeah probably, especially at that age.
Then I doubt you would've been a lot more prolific.😉
Drugs affect different people differently, you never know until you try them all.
I know and I'm not trying them all. I've lost enough good people to bad shit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I think I've asked this before, but I've done some more googling and come up with zilch, making me think I've been shifted from a parallel universe. Does anyone recall—more importantly, have a copy of—a magazine cover, mid to late 90s, with Lydon exposing his belly, with the tagline, "John Lydon can't see his sex pistol"? I'm thinking it was Loaded, but so far nothing. It's not that I want this picture so much as I'm annoyed that I can't find it.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 8:00pm
I think I've asked this before, but I've done some more googling and come up with zilch, making me think I've been shifted from a parallel universe. Does anyone recall—more importantly, have a copy of—a magazine cover, mid to late 90s, with Lydon exposing his belly, with the tagline, "John Lydon can't see his sex pistol"? I'm thinking it was Loaded, but so far nothing. It's not that I want this picture so much as I'm annoyed that I can't find it.
Don't remember that one. Just this.
Attachments
1996_15.jpg
1996_15.jpg (87.03 KiB) Viewed 1244 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Aug 2021, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 8:00pm
Don't remember that one. Just this.
It's baffling that I can find no reference whatsoever to this cover. Parallel universe theory is gaining credibility.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... ex-pistols

Lydon continues to annoy me by making me agree with him in the abstract or principle, yet think his comments are asinine.

As an aside, it's weird that given how significant Lydon was to my awakening (or whatever you want to call it), I'd much rather share a beer or a meal with the other three than him and it's not even close.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 6:20am
laxman wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 4:02am
Flex wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 10:41pm
tepista wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 10:40pm
Well, short and to the point, at least.
So Kiss weren't always our South Shields' friend's favourite band?
The insanity part is a dead giveaway.
:lol:

Just seen this.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 7:35pm

Lydon continues to annoy me by making me agree with him in the abstract or principle, yet think his comments are asinine.

As an aside, it's weird that given how significant Lydon was to my awakening (or whatever you want to call it), I'd much rather share a beer or a meal with the other three than him and it's not even close.
Pistols legacy watered down? Wasn't this the man who did a cabaret act version of Anarchy in the U.K. with PiL.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 7:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Pistols legacy watered down? Wasn't this the man who did a cabaret act version of Anarchy in the U.K. with PiL.
Exactly. But even more, he refuses to accept (or just plain resents) that his band's history also belongs to the public. We all invest and shape this stuff. What the Sex Pistols mean, and how they are represented, is so much bigger than just one person, even if he's part of that story. That's the trade off of fame and money, man. I do sympathize in the sense that late capitalism does reduce people, especially the famous, to commodities, but he's also played an active and willing role in that, too, so his complaints are hollow.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Exactly. But even more, he refuses to accept (or just plain resents) that his band's history also belongs to the public. We all invest and shape this stuff. What the Sex Pistols mean, and how they are represented, is so much bigger than just one person, even if he's part of that story. That's the trade off of fame and money, man. I do sympathize in the sense that late capitalism does reduce people, especially the famous, to commodities, but he's also played an active and willing role in that, too, so his complaints are hollow.
Well they may not have been the Pistols without John but then he would've been a nobody without them.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well they may not have been the Pistols without John but then he would've been a nobody without them.
And none of them would have been anything without us, those who hate punk and those who had it change our lives. The idea of ownership is absurd.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And none of them would have been anything without us, those who hate punk and those who had it change our lives. The idea of ownership is absurd.
Well you know what I should be taking those fuckers to court for praying on my stupidity to want everthing.🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Well you know what I should be taking those fuckers to court for praying on my stupidity to want everthing.🤣
Just sue Lydon, seeing as he thinks it's all about him.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 8:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Just sue Lydon, seeing as he thinks it's all about him.
🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Some more of the Don Letts movie archve on youtube, this time of John Lydon's trip to Jamaica after the Pistols split.

Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres