Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 10:49am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 10:45am
Public Image, on the other hand, we know that there is still stuff in the vaults. Christ, just do a deluxe version of First Issue and include the re-recording of the album.
"What are you talking about?" - John Lydon
You need money, John, you've said so. I'll actually buy this from you, you terrible Trumpoid!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Psycho's Path Super Deluxe Box Set :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 10:50am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Public Image, on the other hand, we know that there is still stuff in the vaults. Christ, just do a deluxe version of First Issue and include the re-recording of the album.
You need money, John, you've said so. I'll actually buy this from you, you terrible Trumpoid!
If they exist still I would definitely buy them. Universal bought the Pistols back catalog and the PiL back catalog from Virgin but those remakes were done for Warner Brothers so maybe they were done outside of a Virgin deal?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 10:55am
Uber deluxe or nothing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If they exist still I would definitely buy them. Universal bought the Pistols back catalog and the PiL back catalog from Virgin but those remakes were done for Warner Brothers so maybe they were done outside of a Virgin deal?
I'd prefer an answer where the tapes were chucked during a house cleaning rather than pig-headedness or ownership issues. It's such an easy and obvious way to make people buy First Issue all over again, which is the dominant strategy of the music biz these days.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
That splat sound is of a thousand completists who would rather die than have to buy something like that.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 11:26am
Flex wrote:
That splat sound is of a thousand completists who would rather die than have to buy something like that.
If there's one thing I've learned, both from observation and personal experience, it's that there's no upward limit to the extent a completist will be willing to debase themselves and their collection with the absolute most unlistenable bullshit to have their favorite artist's worst music presented to them in a "prestige" package
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 11:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 11:26am
Flex wrote:
If there's one thing I've learned, both from observation and personal experience, it's that there's no upward limit to the extent a completist will be willing to debase themselves and their collection with the absolute most unlistenable bullshit to have their favorite artist's worst music presented to them in a "prestige" package
I remember Greil Marcus commenting on the boot Elvis' Greatest Shit that it was less about mocking Elvis than mocking obsessive fans who would need to own a copy just because it exists.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 11:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd prefer an answer where the tapes were chucked during a house cleaning rather than pig-headedness or ownership issues. It's such an easy and obvious way to make people buy First Issue all over again, which is the dominant strategy of the music biz these days.
Here's a thought. What if they are only instrumental remakes, would a certain you know who be as interested?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 12:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Here's a thought. What if they are only instrumental remakes, would a certain you know who be as interested?
That would make some sense given that all that's ever been released is the "Fodderstompf" re-recording. Have Levene or Wobble ever said anything about these recordings?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 12:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That would make some sense given that all that's ever been released is the "Fodderstompf" re-recording. Have Levene or Wobble ever said anything about these recordings?
I can't remember any of them mentioning it. Only the writers pushing for answers. But Warners would not release First Issue in it's original state. The band eventually relented and remade some tacks.

The album did eventually get a release srateside a couple of years back on "Light in the Attic" records.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 12:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I can't remember any of them mentioning it. Only the writers pushing for answers. But Warners would not release First Issue in it's original state. The band eventually relented and remade some tacks.

The album did eventually get a release srateside a couple of years back on "Light in the Attic" records.
Curious that the band members stayed mum. What's so mysterious? Damn. When Keith was pimping his book here years ago, we never thought to ask him directly?

And that's also curious that FI only recently got a US release a few years ago. When did the cd re-release come out w/ Cowboy Song and some interview appended? I don't think I paid import prices for that and I wouldn't imagine Canada and the US being considered separate markets (mind you, what the fuck do I know?).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 12:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Curious that the band members stayed mum. What's so mysterious? Damn. When Keith was pimping his book here years ago, we never thought to ask him directly?

And that's also curious that FI only recently got a US release a few years ago. When did the cd re-release come out w/ Cowboy Song and some interview appended? I don't think I paid import prices for that and I wouldn't imagine Canada and the US being considered separate markets (mind you, what the fuck do I know?).
2013 the cd. The vinyl same.

First time ever released in America.
Limited first pressing in a gatefold, tip-on sleeve, on 180 gram vinyl, with 24x36 poster, stickers, lyric booklet, and a download card.
Download includes an October 1978 BBC audio interview with John Lydon, plus rare B-side “The Cowboy Song”.
This is the deluxe version which also includes an archive replica patch and button set.

[Originally released as Virgin UK 2114, Dec. 8, 1978]
© 2013 PiL Twin Limited
℗ 2013 Light in the Attic Records & Distribution, LLC. PO Box 31970, Seattle, WA 98103, USA.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 1:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Apr 2022, 12:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

2013 the cd. The vinyl same.

First time ever released in America.
Limited first pressing in a gatefold, tip-on sleeve, on 180 gram vinyl, with 24x36 poster, stickers, lyric booklet, and a download card.
Download includes an October 1978 BBC audio interview with John Lydon, plus rare B-side “The Cowboy Song”.
This is the deluxe version which also includes an archive replica patch and button set.

[Originally released as Virgin UK 2114, Dec. 8, 1978]
© 2013 PiL Twin Limited
℗ 2013 Light in the Attic Records & Distribution, LLC. PO Box 31970, Seattle, WA 98103, USA.
So I would have been living in Ottawa at the time? Fucking weird because I have no memory of buying it while here, yet I've got it. My head is full of ghosts. :disshame:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Levene said it was not re-recorded.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/