Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 11:09am
I'm just waiting for the That What is Not reissue. :shifty:
The special permanently muted version!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 2:57pm
JennyB wrote:
"This was supposed to be a John Cage silence thing, but Lydon wouldn't stop ranting about all the people who've let him down."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 6:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 2:57pm
JennyB wrote:
"This was supposed to be a John Cage silence thing, but Lydon wouldn't stop ranting about all the people who've let him down."
He really seemed upset by "this little girl at the Dairy Queen who doesn't dip a chocolate cone properly."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

A legal letter has been sent by John's lawyers to the producers of FX's Pistol today.

The fact that the series is being described as "a dramatization" rather than "a factual documentary" does not excuse it from the prospect of being subject to scrutiny for defamation.

John will not hesitate to pursue legal action to protect his reputation.

https://www.johnlydon.com
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 6:44pm
A legal letter has been sent by John's lawyers to the producers of FX's Pistol today.

The fact that the series is being described as "a dramatization" rather than "a factual documentary" does not excuse it from the prospect of being subject to scrutiny for defamation.

Will we be able to purchase NFTs of this letter, Mr. Rotten?

edit: I was really looking forward to watching this series anyway, but I like the potential Streisand effect he's building for it.

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 6:52pm
Kory wrote:

edit: I was really looking forward to watching this series anyway, but I like the potential Streisand effect he's building for it.
Yeah, he’s not doing himself any favors. As someone who doesn’t know much (or care much) about Johnny or the Sex Pistols, I’m probably going to watch now just because I’ve seen his tweets/statements complaining about it all over my Twitter timeline. Probably wouldn't have tuned in if not for that…

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

amj241 wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 9:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Yeah, he’s not doing himself any favors. As someone who doesn’t know much (or care much) about Johnny or the Sex Pistols, I’m probably going to watch now just because I’ve seen his tweets/statements complaining about it all over my Twitter timeline. Probably wouldn't have tuned in if not for that…
“It's the show Johnny Rotten tried to keep from being made! Find out why he doesn't you to see it!” McLaren would be all over that to hype his product.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 9:36pm
amj241 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

“It's the show Johnny Rotten tried to keep from being made! Find out why he doesn't you to see it!” McLaren would be all over that to hype his product.
🤣 It's all a swindle. Watch it or read about it...just don't ignore it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
amj241 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

This is why I actually think Lydon is a silent production partner. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 10:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
amj241 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

This is why I actually think Lydon is a silent production partner. :shifty:
Oh, if only he was that slick. But Marky's right that this is because it's Steve's story, not his.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Say, this Sex Pistols rock n roll combo has a new song celebrating the queen!
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61308006

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2022, 8:37am
Got sent an email for a limited editon blue vinyl.

When A&M destroyed those singles they also destroyed the master plates. So unless you have one of the original copies that escaped you are not hearing it at it's best. McLaren said the Virgin release never sounded as good.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 May 2022, 9:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 May 2022, 8:37am
Got sent an email for a limited editon blue vinyl.

When A&M destroyed those singles they also destroyed the master plates. So unless you have one of the original copies that escaped you are not hearing it at it's best. McLaren said the Virgin release never sounded as good.
Interesting!