17%
KISS
22%

Total votes: 18

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: If I lose this poll I will retire from making polls

Post by Rat Patrol »

LOOK AT MY BUTT, HESTON! ACCEPT IT BEFORE IT DESTROYS YOU!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I’d look at your butt, George, but I’m transfixed by Dennis Miller’s main-esque mullet.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 10:34am
I’d look at your butt, George, but I’m transfixed by Dennis Miller’s main-esque mullet.
Transfixed like Cardinal Richelieu staring at Louis XIII's wife, Anne of Austria, and being inspired to jump into the Thirty Years War. /Millerized
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

I thought Early Wham meant Wham! before they recorded any music and I was going to vote for that, but then I thought about it some more & had to accept that Late Wham (which is terrible) wouldn't have existed without Early Wham first. So I voted for George Michael.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

PC and solo George are both great. This is a tough choice...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston, what are the parameters for “losing” this poll? I mean other than making it in the first place.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 11:32am
Heston, what are the parameters for “losing” this poll? I mean other than making it in the first place.
I'm not telling because people would then deliberately vote for me to lose. I will let the poll run its course then announce my future intentions.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
He's gotten 12 people (minus himself) to commit to a musical Sophie's choice. That's kind of a perverse win, I guess.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Okay, GM has like four or five great songs. PC has closer to ten. No contest, PC.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Also, is Careless Whisper a Wham or GM solo song? How the fuck is this unclear? Wikipedia says it's a GM solo tune, but it was released on a Wham album and was cowritten by the Wham dude who isn't GM. So weird.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 11:45am
Also, is Careless Whisper a Wham or GM solo song? How the fuck is this unclear? Wikipedia says it's a GM solo tune, but it was released on a Wham album and was cowritten by the Wham dude who isn't GM. So weird.
Solo in the UK, released as Wham in the States I think. Andrew Ridgely got a writing credit even though he wrote fuck all on it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 8:00pm
I will retire from making polls.
This poll is as flawed as the general elections where "None of the above" should be an option, the only difference here being I don't know how to spoil my vote. Even if the question was "Who should be hit first and hardest?" I still can't decide.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 11:46am
matedog wrote:
Solo in the UK, released as Wham in the States I think. Andrew Ridgely got a writing credit even though he wrote fuck all on it.
Careless Whisper is a great song.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
16 Nov 2018, 11:37am
Wolter wrote:
I'm not telling because people would then deliberately vote for me to lose. I will let the poll run its course then announce my future intentions.
I was right not to vote in this as it is clearly rigged.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
Careless Whisper is a shit song, I loathe it. Stupid fucking asthmatic saxophone.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/