I need your help - Pop punk song suggestions

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: I need your help - Pop punk song suggestions

Post by gkbill »

chocolatejesus wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 2:36pm
Growing Up in the nineties Pop Punk was inevitable. I was always more into old school punk and hated blink Offspring and the likes, These are the Bands me and thr Pop Punk Kids could agree on:

Randy
They were great fun live

The living end
Great musicians! Their First five Albums are really good.

Suicide Machines
Some rancid vibes..

Art Brut
Always good for a Catchy chorus

Division of Laura Lee
Their Album "violence is timeless" is actually very good

Millencolin
They seemed to play on every Festival i ever went to

I can only second marky dreads recommendations of the Briefs and the cute lepers. They used to send out diy Demo cassettes to people who ordered stuff through their Website. good Times.
Hello,

Randy was (or is? Are they still around?) great. Human Atom Bombs is worth checking.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

The evidence says that growing up in the 90’s was nowhere near as much fun as being grown up in the 90’s.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 3:00am
The evidence says that growing up in the 90’s was nowhere near as much fun as being grown up in the 90’s.
It's funny - because I don't quite understand the nostalgia for the 90's. I was 12 on January 1st, 1990 and 22 on December 22nd, 1999 - so it was a little bit of both for me - I grew up - but became grown up. I would guess that most people don't get the nostalgia for "their" decade.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

I wouldnt say i feel nostalgic about the 90s especially musicwise previous decades had way more to Offer(though theres a ton of great 90s artists), but think of the poor Souls who grew up in the 00s.

I dont think randy are around anymore, i think their Bassist now is with the hives.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 7:10am
101Walterton wrote:
17 Jan 2019, 3:00am
It's funny - because I don't quite understand the nostalgia for the 90's. I was 12 on January 1st, 1990 and 22 on December 22nd, 1999 - so it was a little bit of both for me - I grew up - but became grown up. I would guess that most people don't get the nostalgia for "their" decade.
Some ‘times and places’ stand out more than others and London in the 1990’s was the bollocks (not so much after 1997 but I had the sense to leave).