Woodstock vs Live Aid Poll

General music discussion.

Which do you prefer? I've included an "opt-out" answer.

Woodstock
74%
Live Aid
16%
My "imagined" KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park musical at the London Palladium
11%

Total votes: 19

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Woodstock vs Live Aid Poll

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 10:42am
JennyB wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 10:36am
I voted for Live Aid, because in my universe, the Concorde crashed.
*snicker* Rather, it crashed sooner.
You know what I meant. THAT Concorde.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 9:37pm
revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 6:28pm
I voted Woodstock too. Some good artists at both but Live Aid just seemed like an exercise in self indulgence by many of the artists involved.
Yeah I always felt several of artists used Live Aid for their own agenda. Was it Adam Ant that got slammed for promoting his new single?
Not exactly he got slammed for only performing his new single. One of those "is that it?" moments.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 3:58am
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
I voted Woodstock too. Some good artists at both but Live Aid just seemed like an exercise in self indulgence by many of the artists involved.
Yeah I always felt several of artists used Live Aid for their own agenda. Was it Adam Ant that got slammed for promoting his new single?
Not exactly he got slammed for only performing his new single. One of those "is that it?" moments.
Thanks I knew it was something like that when everyone else playing greatest hits.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 6:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
Thanks I knew it was something like that when everyone else playing greatest hits.
To be fair he only got one song and was in need of a hit, it made sense to play his new single. I thought it was a decent enough song.

The Boomtown Rats played the brilliant but quite obscure "Drag Me Down", and the Style Council threw a couple of non hits in their set. Both just had the advantage of a longer set. And didn't U2 play that dreadful ten minute version of "Bad", which was an album track.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 3:43pm
101Walterton wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 6:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
To be fair he only got one song and was in need of a hit, it made sense to play his new single. I thought it was a decent enough song.

The Boomtown Rats played the brilliant but quite obscure "Drag Me Down", and the Style Council threw a couple of non hits in their set. Both just had the advantage of a longer set. And didn't U2 play that dreadful ten minute version of "Bad", which was an album track.
"Drag Me Down"was a single released the year before. I agree about it being brilliant. U2 had released an EP called "wide Awake in America" about two months before Live Aid and "Bad" was its lead off track.

With Adam I think the disappointment wasn't that single was any good but that he didn't get to play more. After all the hits he had previously.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia