Re: For those interested Proshot Damned 1988

Post by Kory »

Looks fun, thanks!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Cheers, I was interested to see this in the related videos. Mid-90s interviews with some punk luminaries then Rat Scabies indulging in some auto-destruction at the end...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 4:27pm
Cheers, I was interested to see this in the related videos. Mid-90s interviews with some punk luminaries then Rat Scabies indulging in some auto-destruction at the end...

I remember watching that live. Jonathan King claiming the Pistols were just Malcolms puppets and punk was manufactured. All the while Scabies had one of those laser pens aimed at King. The Damned were a bit make shift at this stage with ex Godfathers guitarist Kris Dollimore ex New Model Army bassist Moose Harris.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 10:01am
I've never seen this one before...
Must be supporting Motorhead definitely looks like their bomber lighting rig

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 4:51pm
Heston wrote:

I remember watching that live. Jonathan King claiming the Pistols were just Malcolms puppets and punk was manufactured. All the while Scabies had one of those laser pens aimed at King. The Damned were a bit make shift at this stage with ex Godfathers guitarist Kris Dollimore ex New Model Army bassist Moose Harris.
I was wondering who those people were. Pretty bad miming job too, was that Dave in the mask or a stooge?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I actually like that album they did with Kris and Moose, Not of the Earth aka I'm Alright Jack and the Beanstalk

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 5:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I actually like that album they did with Kris and Moose, Not of the Earth aka I'm Alright Jack and the Beanstalk
It's ok a couple of great tunes on that one. Vanian was unhappy with the release which was done via Scabies originally. Dave claims to feel the album sounds unfinished just like polished demos. He does have a point. But I like it as I do all The Damned albums.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

coffeepotman wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 10:01am
I've never seen this one before...
Thanks.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

It's a great show, minimal stage banter and quite a few covers. I've never seen a show from the Anything tour so I'm really psyched about it. I think it's more like 87 and not 88. I saw them for the first time in 88 and that was the reunion tour. Def opening for Motorhead, can't miss that Bomber lighting rig.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 4:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

I was wondering who those people were. Pretty bad miming job too, was that Dave in the mask or a stooge?
Yes It's Dave in the mask. The album that was released twice under different titles "Im Alright Jack and the Beanstalk" / "Not of this Earth" also featured guitarist Allan Lee Shaw that played with The Maniacs/The Physicals/The Rings/The Brains/The Hellions and Glen Matlock plays bass on two tracks while Brian James features on the track released as a single "Prokofiev". Keyboards supplied by James Taylor (The Prisoners/The James Taylor Quartet JTQ). It's an ok album and I enjoy it but it misses the melody of a Captain Sensible or Roman Jugg in my opinion.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

The live "Molten Lager" with that line up is pretty good too, but yes miss the Captain

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 8:17am
The live "Molten Lager" with that line up is pretty good too, but yes miss the Captain
Yes they were a solid unit and both Allan Lee Shaw and Kris Dollimore are top guitar players. The Captain always gave the band that 60s melody and bags of fun.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia