Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:11pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:09pm
We all like shit music.
Speak for yourself, hombre. :shifty:
Acquired taste is not the same thing as shit. As I write over and over in my frustration diary every night.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 5:35pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 4:44pm
Despite current prevailing opinions I like a lot of different music.
Ah, your Spandau Ballet obsession …
Yeah them, Men Without Hats and ummm fill in with other generic 80s synth pop band that thankfully died an early death. We're veering into dangerous territory here. I'll take 70s cock rock (my choices) over 80s synth pop.
I almost said "your Styx obsession."
Ugh, I was stuck on a bus in 7th grade going to and from Montreal and Quebec City and back to NY again on a bus full of people who though Styx were great and were playing it over the bus PA or something the whole fucking time. Holy shit it makes you question your own sanity when you're the only one out of like 50 of your peers who absolutely hated that shit and could get no traction on the idea of playing something else. This was pre Walkman era by like a year or two probably so I was basically held hostage to that shit. And I couldnt get Mary Boriello to go out with me either those were dark times.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah them, Men Without Hats and ummm fill in with other generic 80s synth pop band that thankfully died an early death. We're veering into dangerous territory here. I'll take 70s cock rock (my choices) over 80s synth pop.
Ugh, I was stuck on a bus in 7th grade going to and from Montreal and Quebec City and back to NY again on a bus full of people who though Styx were great and were playing it over the bus PA or something the whole fucking time. Holy shit it makes you question your own sanity when you're the only one out of like 50 of your peers who absolutely hated that shit and could get no traction on the idea of playing something else. This was pre Walkman era by like a year or two probably so I was basically held hostage to that shit. And I couldnt get Mary Boriello to go out with me either those were dark times.
How is she doing these days? Most of the good looking girls I fancied at school are now going to the supermarket in their pyjamas.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:28pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:26pm
Heston wrote:
We all like shit music.
Yeah I sure as fuck don't.
I bet I think at least two of your 10 favourite bands ever are shit.
I'm kidding of course but let's try. Now there's a difference I think between I dont like _____ and _____ are shit.

In no particular order and subject to change to some extent...

The Clash
X
The Pogues
Black Sabbath (I'm getting close)
Dead Kennedys (there we go)
Bad Religion (you're rolling your eyes)
Ramones
The Jam (redemption)
The Who
Public Enemy ( lost him again)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:43pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

How is she doing these days? Most of the good looking girls I fancied at school are now going to the supermarket in their pyjamas.
Dont know I don't do the Facebook and I'm 300 miles from where I grew up. I've hardly seen anyone from those days for a very long time.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:46pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
We all like shit music.
I'm kidding of course but let's try. Now there's a difference I think between I dont like _____ and _____ are shit.

The Clash
X
The Pogues
Ramones
The Jam (redemption)
The Who
X and Bad Religion are not my scene at all. I like or love the rest. Point proven. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:49pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
We all like shit music.

The Clash
X
The Pogues
Ramones
The Jam (redemption)
The Who
X and Bad Religion are not my scene at all. I like or love the rest. Point proven. ;)
Wait you like Dead Kennedys???

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Oh Christ, you've dredged up my own Styx/bus ride memory. Grade 8, perhaps, we took a field trip to Batoche, which was the site of a failed resistance by First Nations and Metis against the Canadian state in 1885. But a couple of rich girls—really arrogant, nasty bitches (I use that word deliberately)—had their boombox and played Styx' Killroy Was Here over and over. I was still a Top 40 dweeb at the time, but that was torture because Styx is torture.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:48pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Dont know I don't do the Facebook and I'm 300 miles from where I grew up. I've hardly seen anyone from those days for a very long time.
I'll look her up for you and confirm she's even hotter these days.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:51pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:49pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:

The Clash
X
The Pogues
Ramones
The Jam (redemption)
The Who
Wait you like Dead Kennedys???
Yeah! I once even did them in the top 5 thread. I do like some punk music.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

She probably has a different last name... But let me know what you find... she'd be around 50.

I'm both drunk and curious. You might sat drunkenly curious.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
I mentioned a few months ago looking up high school classmates and being horrified by how goddamned old they look. Yeah, we're all around 50 now, but, holy hell, living in Saskatchewan your whole life apparently just beats the fuck out of you. I mean, I felt pretty good about how I was aging. Sure, the hair loss thing, but relatively unwrinkled and not carrying any extra chins or napes.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:54pm
She probably has a different last name... But let me know what you find... she'd be around 50.
Yeah, she seems to have emigrated to England and is called Heston now.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:00pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
I mentioned a few months ago looking up high school classmates and being horrified by how goddamned old they look. Yeah, we're all around 50 now, but, holy hell, living in Saskatchewan your whole life apparently just beats the fuck out of you. I mean, I felt pretty good about how I was aging. Sure, the hair loss thing, but relatively unwrinkled and not carrying any extra chins or napes.
I went to a school reunion a few weeks ago and all the girls looked great. The men (me included) were like sacks of shit in comparison.

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:54pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:

I'm both drunk and curious. You might sat drunkenly curious.
Actually I couldn't find anything on Facebook, all the Mary Boriellos were Italian. She must have married or isn't on FB.