Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:00pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:48pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:43pm
How is she doing these days? Most of the good looking girls I fancied at school are now going to the supermarket in their pyjamas.
Dont know I don't do the Facebook and I'm 300 miles from where I grew up. I've hardly seen anyone from those days for a very long time.
I'll look her up for you and confirm she's even hotter these days.
I mentioned a few months ago looking up high school classmates and being horrified by how goddamned old they look. Yeah, we're all around 50 now, but, holy hell, living in Saskatchewan your whole life apparently just beats the fuck out of you. I mean, I felt pretty good about how I was aging. Sure, the hair loss thing, but relatively unwrinkled and not carrying any extra chins or napes.
I went to a school reunion a few weeks ago and all the girls looked great. The men (me included) were like sacks of shit in comparison.
Ha! While I took some pleasure in seeing the smug girls beaten up by age (yeah, I can be petty as fuck), it was sad seeing former friends just ground down.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:01pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:54pm
She probably has a different last name... But let me know what you find... she'd be around 50.
Yeah, she seems to have emigrated to England and is called Heston now.
Ask her for noodz.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:18pm
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
She probably has a different last name... But let me know what you find... she'd be around 50.
Ask her for noodz.
Is that short for super noodles?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:07pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:00pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:52pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:48pm

Dont know I don't do the Facebook and I'm 300 miles from where I grew up. I've hardly seen anyone from those days for a very long time.
I'll look her up for you and confirm she's even hotter these days.
I mentioned a few months ago looking up high school classmates and being horrified by how goddamned old they look. Yeah, we're all around 50 now, but, holy hell, living in Saskatchewan your whole life apparently just beats the fuck out of you. I mean, I felt pretty good about how I was aging. Sure, the hair loss thing, but relatively unwrinkled and not carrying any extra chins or napes.
I went to a school reunion a few weeks ago and all the girls looked great. The men (me included) were like sacks of shit in comparison.
Ha! While I took some pleasure in seeing the smug girls beaten up by age (yeah, I can be petty as fuck), it was sad seeing former friends just ground down.
I've returned home several times over the years but other than family at holidays, funerals and weddings I never see anyone I recognize. Saw one guy last time who looked familiar but I could also tell he wasn't somebody I would want to converse with. I've never tried the high school reunion thing, got an invite like 10 or 15 years ago and it was going to be in New Jersey for fuck sake. Not something I was going to drive 6 or 7 hours for.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:30pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ask her for noodz.
Ha there's a restaurant in Manchester, NH called Noodz.

So I did a Google search and it looks like she might still be in the old home town.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:38pm
Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:30pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Ask her for noodz.
Ha there's a restaurant in Manchester, NH called Noodz.

So I did a Google search and it looks like she might still be in the old home town.
After my school reunion a few weeks ago, all I can say is beware of deep rooted feelings, the past is like a room full of treacle.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:35pm
I've returned home several times over the years but other than family at holidays, funerals and weddings I never see anyone I recognize. Saw one guy last time who looked familiar but I could also tell he wasn't somebody I would want to converse with. I've never tried the high school reunion thing, got an invite like 10 or 15 years ago and it was going to be in New Jersey for fuck sake. Not something I was going to drive 6 or 7 hours for.
There's been only one high school reunion that I know of—my 10th; maybe those involved haven't bothered trying to find me since!—and there was no way I was going. Partly I was in the midst of a massive, traumatic depression, but there really aren't any people from high school I care to see again. I didn't enjoy high school and have no interest in seeing the assholes, and have moved on from the people I hung out with. It's perhaps an odd position for a historian to take, but it's past, leave it there in the garbage can.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2019, 9:02pm
revbob wrote:
14 May 2019, 8:35pm
There's been only one high school reunion that I know of—my 10th; maybe those involved haven't bothered trying to find me since!—and there was no way I was going. Partly I was in the midst of a massive, traumatic depression, but there really aren't any people from high school I care to see again. I didn't enjoy high school and have no interest in seeing the assholes, and have moved on from the people I hung out with. It's perhaps an odd position for a historian to take, but it's past, leave it there in the garbage can.
Yeah that's pretty much me. I was an outsider among outsiders and misfits in high school so I doubt many would remember me other than being that really tall guy.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Fuck school reunions. My school was violent shit hole and most of the people in it I never wanted to see them let alone now 37 years later.
Having said that I am in close contact with my gang who I have been mates with since I was 11 (some even longer) plus the Rude Girl gang we hung out with from 13 -18 (through the 2 Tone years) although they didn’t go to our school.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'm still close with anyone I care to see from school. If anyone else was worth it, I'd still be seeing them.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
14 May 2019, 9:16pm
I'm still close with anyone I care to see from school. If anyone else was worth it, I'd still be seeing them.
This is what I was trying to say.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I feel like Facebook easily gives people what they really want out of these reunions: a peek into who got fat and bald.

I honestly cannot remember the names of 90% of the people I went to high school with and can’t be bothered to care about them.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

I hated high school & couldn't wait to get away & get on with life. I haven't seen anyone HS in person since the day I graduated in 1982.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ahh glorious thread drift. This has to be one of the quickest transformations. Shitty songs to shitty high school. There's at least an underlying theme.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:
14 May 2019, 7:09pm
We all like shit music.
Pffft
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead