The BitterHoyston Review thread

General music discussion.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35728
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:32pm
Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:29pm
BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:25pm
I unironically quite like this.

Great pop tune and a deceptively great chord sequence. Written by 80s icon and snood-wearer Nik Kershaw.
Quite agree. I never knew that, though I dont know much of Kershaw's discography, what I've heard I really like.


Wouldn't It Be Good is a good one, some other decent stuff scattered here and there.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4783
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:34pm
BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:32pm
Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:29pm
BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:25pm
I unironically quite like this.

Great pop tune and a deceptively great chord sequence. Written by 80s icon and snood-wearer Nik Kershaw.
Quite agree. I never knew that, though I dont know much of Kershaw's discography, what I've heard I really like.


Wouldn't It Be Good is a good one, some other decent stuff scattered here and there.
That's a fantastic song, the way it starts from the chorus to an unrelated chord sequence forming a wave and crashing back into the chorus again. Perfect.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48939
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Marky Dread »

That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4783
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by BitterTom »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:43pm
That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
I bet everyone secretly loves it deep down. It just works.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48939
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:43pm
That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
I bet everyone secretly loves it deep down. It just works.
I can't stand it. And his stupid mole face!
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35728
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:43pm
That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
I bet everyone secretly loves it deep down. It just works.
Not the hippest song to admit a liking for but I think it's a great melody and good lyric.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35728
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:43pm
That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
I bet everyone secretly loves it deep down. It just works.
I can't stand it. And his stupid mole face!
Removed with the royalties.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48939
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
31 May 2019, 4:43pm
That Nick Kershaw tune is okay but urgh I hate the Chesney Hawkes track.
I bet everyone secretly loves it deep down. It just works.
I can't stand it. And his stupid mole face!
Removed with a jack hammer.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4783
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by BitterTom »

Seems the place to chuck this on,

I was a latecomer to this song but it came on the radio in work today and it's amazing. Joyous chorus, fantastic harmonies, great track.


Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 93526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 4:04pm
Seems the place to chuck this on,

I was a latecomer to this song but it came on the radio in work today and it's amazing. Joyous chorus, fantastic harmonies, great track.

https://youtu.be/zpOULjyy-n8
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 35728
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 4:04pm
Seems the place to chuck this on,

I was a latecomer to this song but it came on the radio in work today and it's amazing. Joyous chorus, fantastic harmonies, great track.

Horrendous
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15468
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 4:04pm
Seems the place to chuck this on,

I was a latecomer to this song but it came on the radio in work today and it's amazing. Joyous chorus, fantastic harmonies, great track.

I refuse to click on that link.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2457
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by gkbill »

BitterTom wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 4:04pm
Seems the place to chuck this on,

I was a latecomer to this song but it came on the radio in work today and it's amazing. Joyous chorus, fantastic harmonies, great track.

Hello,

Sorry, Tom, but a big bonfire is the place to chuck this on.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 93526
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

That song really could use some harmonica …
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15468
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The BitterHoyston Review thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 4:33pm
That song really could use some harmonica …
Could only improve it.

Post Reply