Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

General music discussion.

Which do you like best?

Tears In Heaven
1
4%
WBTCORAR
2
8%
You Can't Hurry Love (Phil version)
2
8%
Bitter Sweet Symphony
4
15%
We Didn't Start the Fire
2
8%
Fingerpoppin'
7
27%
Peaceful Easy Listening
1
4%
Boogie With Your Children
4
15%
St Elmo's Fire
1
4%
BLACK DIAMOND
2
8%
 
Total votes: 26

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3085
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by WestwayKid » 08 Nov 2019, 11:50am

matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:37am
Black Diamond is pretty fucking cool relative to the rest of the songs. St Elmo's and We Built This City have absurdly good hooks though.
Yes. As much as we might make fun of Kiss, Black Diamond does rock pretty damned hard.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31181
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Heston » 08 Nov 2019, 11:59am

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:13am
I've no idea what Peaceful Easy Listening is and looking at Hestons death wish I've no intention of finding out.
Perhaps Heston typing Peaceful Easy Listening instead of Peaceful Easy Feeling after having a few pints? ;)
Is that what it's called? I've heard it spoken of on here as being remarkably shit but I've never heard it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21320
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by matedog » 08 Nov 2019, 12:02pm

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:50am
matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:37am
Black Diamond is pretty fucking cool relative to the rest of the songs. St Elmo's and We Built This City have absurdly good hooks though.
Yes. As much as we might make fun of Kiss, Black Diamond does rock pretty damned hard.
Just watched this version:

If you don't like insane guitar solos, screaming vocals, and pyro, then cast your vote for Bittersweet Symphony.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2019, 12:18pm

matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:02pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:50am
matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:37am
Black Diamond is pretty fucking cool relative to the rest of the songs. St Elmo's and We Built This City have absurdly good hooks though.
Yes. As much as we might make fun of Kiss, Black Diamond does rock pretty damned hard.
Just watched this version:

If you don't like insane guitar solos, screaming vocals, and pyro, then cast your vote for Bittersweet Symphony.
Nobody argues that KISS' "Black Diamond" is lame; the argument is that (a) KISS on the whole are extremely lame and (b) The Replacements' cover is superior.

"Bittersweet Symphony," however, is the sound of a long-dormant curse activated and sapping people of their good sense.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2019, 12:19pm

Hey, Chico checked in to vote for Mr. Treats-Black-Help-Well.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43108
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Nov 2019, 12:28pm

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:13am
I've no idea what Peaceful Easy Listening is and looking at Hestons death wish I've no intention of finding out.
Perhaps Heston typing Peaceful Easy Listening instead of Peaceful Easy Feeling after having a few pints? ;)
That Heston :rolleyes:
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3085
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by WestwayKid » 08 Nov 2019, 12:44pm

Heston wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:59am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:13am
I've no idea what Peaceful Easy Listening is and looking at Hestons death wish I've no intention of finding out.
Perhaps Heston typing Peaceful Easy Listening instead of Peaceful Easy Feeling after having a few pints? ;)
Is that what it's called? I've heard it spoken of on here as being remarkably shit but I've never heard it.
It's not a terrible song. Kind of a nice, mellow vibe.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2019, 12:44pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:28pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:13am
I've no idea what Peaceful Easy Listening is and looking at Hestons death wish I've no intention of finding out.
Perhaps Heston typing Peaceful Easy Listening instead of Peaceful Easy Feeling after having a few pints? ;)
That Heston :rolleyes:
Ah, the long-running BBC sitcom about South Shields' most in-demand, yet always baffled substitute teacher.
Image
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43108
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Nov 2019, 12:57pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:28pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:49am
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:13am
I've no idea what Peaceful Easy Listening is and looking at Hestons death wish I've no intention of finding out.
Perhaps Heston typing Peaceful Easy Listening instead of Peaceful Easy Feeling after having a few pints? ;)
That Heston :rolleyes:
Ah, the long-running BBC sitcom about South Shields' most in-demand, yet always baffled substitute teacher.
Image
Always a good one. ;)
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15027
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Silent Majority » 08 Nov 2019, 1:29pm

matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:02pm
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:50am
matedog wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 11:37am
Black Diamond is pretty fucking cool relative to the rest of the songs. St Elmo's and We Built This City have absurdly good hooks though.
Yes. As much as we might make fun of Kiss, Black Diamond does rock pretty damned hard.
Just watched this version:

If you don't like insane guitar solos, screaming vocals, and pyro, then cast your vote for Bittersweet Symphony.
I did.
There's a lot of wreckage in the ravine

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10888
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Kory » 08 Nov 2019, 3:14pm

JennyB wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 10:52am
I mean, it's in my signature.

I wish there was a "bullet to the head" option.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43108
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Nov 2019, 3:15pm

Why is Black Diamond all in upper case Heston? Are you trying to influence the poll. ;)
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31181
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Heston » 08 Nov 2019, 3:30pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:15pm
Why is Black Diamond all in upper case Heston? Are you trying to influence the poll. ;)
KISS and BLACK DIAMOND are always on upper case to reflect their relative hugeness to the pretenders.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43108
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Nov 2019, 3:40pm

Heston wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:15pm
Why is Black Diamond all in upper case Heston? Are you trying to influence the poll. ;)
KISS and BLACK DIAMOND are always on upper case to reflect their relative hugeness to the pretenders.
Yeah but The Pretenders version of Black Diamond is far superior to KISS.
Image

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15027
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Silent Majority » 08 Nov 2019, 4:24pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:40pm
Heston wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 3:15pm
Why is Black Diamond all in upper case Heston? Are you trying to influence the poll. ;)
KISS and BLACK DIAMOND are always on upper case to reflect their relative hugeness to the pretenders.
Yeah but The Pretenders version of Black Diamond is far superior to KISS.
Oh Oh oh
Oh
Oh
Oh
Black dadadadaddiamond
There's a lot of wreckage in the ravine

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drowninghere, Google [Bot] and 4 guests