Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

General music discussion.

Which do you like best?

Tears In Heaven
1
4%
WBTCORAR
2
8%
You Can't Hurry Love (Phil version)
2
8%
Bitter Sweet Symphony
4
15%
We Didn't Start the Fire
2
8%
Fingerpoppin'
7
27%
Peaceful Easy Listening
1
4%
Boogie With Your Children
4
15%
St Elmo's Fire
1
4%
BLACK DIAMOND
2
8%
 
Total votes: 26

BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2855
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by BitterTom » 08 Nov 2019, 7:48pm

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 7:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:53pm
revbob wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:45pm


I just like how he works his catch phrase into most conversations:

"Yeah but that guitar solo..." always makes me laugh.
Okay, yeah, that line does kick ass. And the studio audience definitely agrees given that everyone on-screen has to stop what they're doing to wait for the laughter to die down.
The thing is the guy in the white shirt and tie does look like Tom.
This was an odd thread to come across.
Never seen this before but was highly amusing!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43182
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Nov 2019, 7:51pm

BitterTom wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 7:48pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 7:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 6:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 5:53pm


Okay, yeah, that line does kick ass. And the studio audience definitely agrees given that everyone on-screen has to stop what they're doing to wait for the laughter to die down.
The thing is the guy in the white shirt and tie does look like Tom.
This was an odd thread to come across.
Never seen this before but was highly amusing!
Emery had some great fun characters. I thought with your fondness of the Carry On stuff you would be amused.
Image

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 31234
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Heston » 09 Nov 2019, 7:45am

Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28254
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Flex » 09 Nov 2019, 9:10am

Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84144
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Nov 2019, 9:17am

Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52558
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Wolter » 09 Nov 2019, 1:00pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by revbob » 09 Nov 2019, 1:21pm

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
I'd have to listen to it to fully agree or disagree and it really doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84144
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Nov 2019, 1:26pm

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
Right. Heston has created conditions where people can't vote for a KISS song without him claiming some kind of victory for all his insane KISS positions.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28254
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Flex » 09 Nov 2019, 2:08pm

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
Real talk: the Kiss version of Black Diamond is the best song on here. It just isn't nearly as good as the Replacements.
Its a decent enough song by a band I have no time for vs a terrible song by a band I love. I go with the latter in a head to head matchup, apparently.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9506
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by revbob » 09 Nov 2019, 2:11pm

It stands to reason after x many years/albums they could have one good song. But then there's Phil Collins so I guess it is possible to produce only shit music.

I might budge a little on Detroit Rock City. I just get the feeling that KISS is serious about their dumb lyrics.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43182
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2019, 2:42pm

revbob wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 2:11pm
It stands to reason after x many years/albums they could have one good song. But then there's The Clash so I guess it is possible to produce only shit music.
;)
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 19009
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by 101Walterton » 09 Nov 2019, 4:44pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 43182
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Nov 2019, 5:11pm

101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 4:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.
I've never been amused by Fingerpoppin' only sadened by it's existance. Bloody awful song. This is The Clash not Wham were discussing here.
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 52558
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Wolter » 09 Nov 2019, 6:31pm

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 5:11pm
101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 4:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.
I've never been amused by Fingerpoppin' only sadened by it's existance. Bloody awful song. This is The Clash not Wham were discussing here.
Yeah. Ironic EET WEEK stuff aside, Fingerpoppin’ is a crime against nature BECAUSE it’s Joe.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 84144
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Friday Poll Thread #10 - Favourite most hated IMCT song

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Nov 2019, 8:29pm

101Walterton wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 4:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:17am
Flex wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 9:10am
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 7:45am
Just how is Fingerpoppin' winning here? I voted for the mighty BJ song, shit chorus but the verses are on another level.
All of the songs listed are embarrassing and unlistenable, but thanks to eet week I do actually listen to Fingerpoppin
And, as I suggested earlier, the singer is someone we love. All (or almost all) the others are performed by sentient dung. Plus "Fingerpoppin'" is amusingly awful; the others are just awful (okay, BD isn't awful, but KISS are).
You see I take it the other way. The fact that the singer is someone we love adds to the hatred of the song not detracts.
That's valid and I understand where you're coming from, tho I'll always take shitty Joe over Billy Joel at his best.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marky Dread and 9 guests