Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 6:11am
Kory wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 2:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 2:13pm
Kory wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 2:03pm
Very cool, thanks Marky! I've ordered the Product box from Discogs. I think what I'll probably wind up doing is keeping that, Ripping the bonus tracks from the 2-discers and selling them, and then keeping the newest "original tape" remasters (though I am still concerned that the newest Another Music is fairly bricked, or sounds like it, anyway).
The two discs special edition versions are still worthy in my opinion. They are not brickwalled just more brittle sounding. It seems they have had the treble pushed up. I have remixed and remastered the Another Music cd from Product and found that enhancing the background sounds and adding a little sub-bass gave a much fuller sound. With a few other little tricks I use I think it sounds much more natural.

Also I will add that the two disc version of Another Kind of Tension sounds really good.
Really? I wonder if I have a defective one. I've compared the 2-disc Different Kind of Tension against the IRS one and the newest "original tape" master and it seems like the left guitar is way lower in the mix, creating a weird imbalance. Are you hearing that?

For my money, the "original tape" master is the best one of that so far. Muscular.
Just a question do you have the 2 disc version that says "special edition" on the front cover under the album title?

EMI have released these albums so many times. There have been previous two disc editions.
If Discogs is correct, the European version of that release said "Special Edition," but the US one did not. I have the US one, but there's no indication that they are different remasterings.
Last edited by Kory on 03 Dec 2019, 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Re: Buzzcocks (for Kory)

Post by Equaliser »

Hey would one of you mind sharing these Buzzcocks demos? I have always wanted to hear them!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 1:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 2:03pm
Very cool, thanks Marky! I've ordered the Product box from Discogs. I think what I'll probably wind up doing is keeping that, Ripping the bonus tracks from the 2-discers and selling them, and then keeping the newest "original tape" remasters (though I am still concerned that the newest Another Music is fairly bricked, or sounds like it, anyway).
The two discs special edition versions are still worthy in my opinion. They are not brickwalled just more brittle sounding. It seems they have had the treble pushed up. I have remixed and remastered the Another Music cd from Product and found that enhancing the background sounds and adding a little sub-bass gave a much fuller sound. With a few other little tricks I use I think it sounds much more natural.

Also I will add that the two disc version of Another Kind of Tension sounds really good.
Really? I wonder if I have a defective one. I've compared the 2-disc Different Kind of Tension against the IRS one and the newest "original tape" master and it seems like the left guitar is way lower in the mix, creating a weird imbalance. Are you hearing that?

For my money, the "original tape" master is the best one of that so far. Muscular.
Just a question do you have the 2 disc version that says "special edition" on the front cover under the album title?

EMI have released these albums so many times. There have been previous two disc editions.
If Discogs is correct, the European version of that release said "Special Edition," but the US one did not. I have the US one, but there's no indication that they are different remasterings.
I would imagine they are the same. I was asking because EMI had previously released a two disc set years back. One disc had the album the second disc had the related singles. Not like the special editions with demos and live though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:10pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I would imagine they are the same. I was asking because EMI had previously released a two disc set years back. One disc had the album the second disc had the related singles. Not like the special editions with demos and live though.
Let me know if you hear that weird left/right imbalance on the Deluxe though, I'm curious if I have a defect or something.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

Let me know if you hear that weird left/right imbalance on the Deluxe though, I'm curious if I have a defect or something.
Scroll back a few posts mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 11:19am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 9:59am
The Pacific demo tape :
A1. Dreamin
A2. Alive Tonight
A3. Never Gonna Give It Up
A4. Wallpaper World
A5. Successful Street
A6. Who'll Help Me To Forget
A7. Serious Crime
A8. Why Compromise

B1. Last To Know
B2. Run Away From Home
B3. Searching For Your Love
B4. Tranquillizer
B5. When Love Turns Around You

What I have in Flac:

01. Isolation
02. Never Gonna Give It Up
03. When Love Turns Around You
04. All Over You
05. Trash Away
06. Who'll Help Me to Forget
07. Run Away from Home
08. Why Compromise
09. Alive Tonight
10. Last to Know
11. Inside
12. Serious Crime
13. Tranquilizer
14. Dreamin'
My demos CDR matches your FLAC list exactly Marky.
The tape has some exclusive tracks - Wallpaper World, Successful Street and Searching For Your Love - so maybe that's why they're tracking it down.
The CDR has its own exclusive tracks - Isolation, All Over You, Trash Away and Inside. Hopefully they've got those covered already
Yeah I agree mate. By the way Wallpaper World was a Flag of Convenience track originally.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:18pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Oh sorry, missed that. I guess I'll have to order another one and see if it sounds better.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

Oh sorry, missed that. I guess I'll have to order another one and see if it sounds better.
I played mine earlier this afternoon. I couldn't hear any lower guitar in the mix. On a couple of tracks I did notice the hi hat sounded a little more prominent.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:41pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I played mine earlier this afternoon. I couldn't hear any lower guitar in the mix. On a couple of tracks I did notice the hi hat sounded a little more prominent.
I don't know if I would have noticed it if I hadn't been going back and forth between the IRS and 2018 masters. I have two players hooked up to my stereo so I can quickly switch, and the 2-disc one has an obvious drop in the left speaker. Must be a defect if you're not getting it. Maybe I'll order the European version and hope that it's a better pressing or something.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

I don't know if I would have noticed it if I hadn't been going back and forth between the IRS and 2018 masters. I have two players hooked up to my stereo so I can quickly switch, and the 2-disc one has an obvious drop in the left speaker. Must be a defect if you're not getting it. Maybe I'll order the European version and hope that it's a better pressing or something.
Hmmm I would hate it if you bought it again and you thought it sounded the same. But I am seriously not hearing it on my copy. Also I looked at the special editions on Amazon yesterday and the prices have skyrocketed. They were also released in two different packages one has Jewell cases the others are digi packs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 2:49pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hmmm I would hate it if you bought it again and you thought it sounded the same. But I am seriously not hearing it on my copy. Also I looked at the special editions on Amazon yesterday and the prices have skyrocketed. They were also released in two different packages one has Jewell cases the others are digi packs.
Ah yeah, I see that. Well, whatever I guess. I have the other two plus the Product box on the way. That's probably enough of that album for me. I still think the newest remaster sounds the best so far anyway, it's just a shame these newest ones have no bonus tracks at all.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

Ah yeah, I see that. Well, whatever I guess. I have the other two plus the Product box on the way. That's probably enough of that album for me. I still think the newest remaster sounds the best so far anyway, it's just a shame these newest ones have no bonus tracks at all.
Well I will remaster the original 3 albums, relevant singles, Demos, Peel sessions. I will leave the live material. The first album has been done. Love Bites gets a remaster tomorrow. Once I've finished I will arrange an upload for you. So you can compare.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:14pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Well I will remaster the original 3 albums, relevant singles, Demos, Peel sessions. I will leave the live material. The first album has been done. Love Bites gets a remaster tomorrow. Once I've finished I will arrange an upload for you. So you can compare.
You mean I can A/B/C/D/E test?! Thanks!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

No I mean you can hear how awesome I am. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:34pm
Kory wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

No I mean you can hear how awesome I am. ;)
Well that's not in question.