BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Nice Bad Brains write up

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Nice Bad Brains write up

Post by Flex »

Glad to see them get some recognition. Did not realize Dr. Know had those health problems. What a band.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Flex wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 10:27am
Glad to see them get some recognition. Did not realize Dr. Know had those health problems. What a band.
They're still my favorite hardcore act.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hey Bad Brains fans. I'm sharing FLAC rips of the original mix of their Rock For Light album. For anyone who doesn't know, Caroline remixed the album rather badly and changed the speed of the songs for the 1991 CD reissue of the album and that's why it sounded like unlistenable ass. I finally got my hands on an early CD pressing which has the original mix and I was blown the fuck away by how good this record is. If you're only familiar with the remix (and anyone who first encountered the album anytime post-1991 probably is only familiar with the remix), do yourselves a favor and download these FLACs asap, you will NOT be disappointed:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 6:42pm
Hey Bad Brains fans. I'm sharing FLAC rips of the original mix of their Rock For Light album. For anyone who doesn't know, Caroline remixed the album rather badly and changed the speed of the songs for the 1991 CD reissue of the album and that's why it sounded like unlistenable ass. I finally got my hands on an early CD pressing which has the original mix and I was blown the fuck away by how good this record is. If you're only familiar with the remix (and anyone who first encountered the album anytime post-1991 probably is only familiar with the remix), do yourselves a favor and download these FLACs asap, you will NOT be disappointed:
Thanks, very cool Flex.

I got this on vinyl back when you were in short pants.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Flex wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 6:42pm
Hello,

Thanks! I'm not much of a hardcore fan but will enjoy this.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Nice! I have a suspicion I've only heard the post 1991 CD mix and I don't recall listening to it on vinyl anywhere.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"