4%

Total votes: 24

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Wednesday Poll #6 Best Song Ever...

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 7:37pm
(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You - UB40 - never heard of it not a fan of the band N/R
Human - The Killers - never heard of it not a fan of the band N/R
Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper - A fun song that has grown on me in my old age - 6/10
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode - never heard of it not a fan of the band N/R (sorry Jenny)
Losing My Religion - R.E.M - Good band but their latter music was prone to being boring, this song is boring and massively overplayed - 4/10
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack - Not to my tastes but I recognize it as a classic of sorts but I would never play it nor not change the station if it came on. N/R
Heat Of The Moment - Asia - Extremely pompous but can be ok for comedic effect, sort of like The Final Countdown which I often confuse it with. 1/10
Tutti Frutti - Little Richard - A great song, what rock n roll was supposed to be. Doc covered this perfectly. - 7/10
Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison - boring song 2/10
With Or Without You - U2 - boring as fuck like most U2 songs. They see themselves as more than they really are. A generous 2/10.

N/R - Not Rated
What do you have against a series of notes played in harmonious order with lyrics?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
Heat Of The Moment - Asia - Extremely pompous but can be ok for comedic effect, sort of like The Final Countdown which I often confuse it with. 1/10
Complete garbage

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

tepista wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 7:51pm
revbob wrote:
Complete garbage

Never heard that song before :huh:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

101Walterton wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 8:11pm

Never heard that song before :huh:
I'm sorry that you have now!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:
(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You - UB40 - never heard of it not a fan of the band N/R
Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper - A fun song that has grown on me in my old age - 6/10
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode - never heard of it not a fan of the band N/R (sorry Jenny)
Losing My Religion - R.E.M - Good band but their latter music was prone to being boring, this song is boring and massively overplayed - 4/10
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack - Not to my tastes but I recognize it as a classic of sorts but I would never play it nor not change the station if it came on. N/R
Tutti Frutti - Little Richard - A great song, what rock n roll was supposed to be. Doc covered this perfectly. - 7/10
With Or Without You - U2 - boring as fuck like most U2 songs. They see themselves as more than they really are. A generous 2/10.

N/R - Not Rated
What do you have against a series of notes played in harmonious order with lyrics?
What song are you referring to?

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 8:29pm
Heston wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 7:47pm
revbob wrote:

N/R - Not Rated
What song are you referring to?
Any, ever!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

"Tutti Frutti" seemed the obvious choice, but Heston actually makes a good point about it: yup, it's great and all, but...
So I went with "With or Without You". There's real depth and pathos there, and the production and dynamics jack up the simple three chord riff. Sorta the converse of"Tutti Frutti" in some fashion :shifty:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Heston

Post by Heston »

muppet hi fi wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 2:44am
"Tutti Frutti" seemed the obvious choice, but Heston actually makes a good point about it: yup, it's great and all, but...
So I went with "With or Without You". There's real depth and pathos there, and the production and dynamics jack up the simple three chord riff. Sorta the converse of"Tutti Frutti" in some fashion :shifty:
Speaking of the chord sequence for the U2 song, I'm sure I remember Joe accusing them of nicking it from Groovy Times.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 4:05am
muppet hi fi wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 2:44am
Speaking of the chord sequence for the U2 song, I'm sure I remember Joe accusing them of nicking it from Groovy Times.
Can hear it now that you mention it but would never have twigged it otherwise.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Little Richard for me all day everyday. Never boring.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

JennyB wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:48pm
Well, I mean, it's my second least favorite DM song, but I have to represent for my boys from Basildon. Next would be Tutti Frutti.
There was me hoping you'd be with team Heat of the Moment!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 3:38pm
JennyB wrote:
Well, I mean, it's my second least favorite DM song, but I have to represent for my boys from Basildon. Next would be Tutti Frutti.
A lot of us would know Jen was suffering from some kind of mental collapse and rushed to save her.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 2:53pm
Little Richard for me all day everyday. Never boring.
Hell yes

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BitterTom wrote:
JennyB wrote:
:shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 3:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
JennyB wrote:
A lot of us would know Jen was suffering from some kind of mental collapse and rushed to save her.
Yes. Yes you would.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy