new idea

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

new idea

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Yep-Roc Records forwarded this along. It's a good idea. I don't want to listen to any of the artists listed except maybe Robyn Hitchcock - mostly folk-y people although Jon Bon Jovi and Kottonmouth Kings are listed - but I would hope the model takes off as we may advance to shelter-in-place status.

https://www.stageit.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: new idea

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 5:19pm
Hello,

Yep-Roc Records forwarded this along. It's a good idea. I don't want to listen to any of the artists listed except maybe Robyn Hitchcock - mostly folk-y people although Jon Bon Jovi and Kottonmouth Kings are listed - but I would hope the model takes off as we may advance to shelter-in-place status.

https://www.stageit.com/
I agree I didn't see much of interest on initial inspection.

Flex touched on this idea in the concert thread. Dropkick Murphys did a free show on YouTube last night and although Im not a huge fan I did enjoy it. Im ok with this sort of thing in the short term but nothing beats being at an actual show.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Neil Young's canceled a tour with Crazy Horse and will apparently be doing live streaming "fireside" sessions, so I'm guessing they'll be low key things, maybe just acoustic.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im not sure how much Im willing to pay for this sort of thing.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Robyn Hitchcock = awesome!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Willie Nelson is staging a big webcast festival thing, uh, today it looks like:
Thankfully, the show will go on, sort of, by way of a digital webcast. Announced on Wednesday, the free livestream branded as ‘Til Further Notice will feature performances from Willie, his sons Lukas and Micah, Jewel, Nathaniel Rateliff, Paul Cauthen, Margo Price & Jeremy Ivey, Randy Houser, David Ramirez, Tre Burt, Ian Ferguson, Devon Gilfillian, Early James, Sunny War, and Ida Mae, with more to be announced.

The stream takes place on Thursday afternoon beginning at 6 p.m. CST and continues until 11 p.m CST. Some of the streamed will take place at Arlyn Studios in nearby Austin, while others will be coming in live as filmed by the artists themselves from the safety of their own homes. As mentioned above, the webcast will be free, and fans are encouraged to donate “tips” to be distributed “equally and transparently” to the artists and teams continuing to put on this cyber festival.

“Really looking forward to this. Hopefully, it will be as therapeutic for the folks that tune in as it will be for me,” Margo Price said of the scheduled televised event via her Twitter.

Fans can tune in to LuckReunion.com/tilfurthernotice, Twitch.tv/luckreunion, or Facebook.com/lucktexasreunion at any time between the above-mentioned time-frame to watch the stream. Click here for more information.
Link: https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/willi ... e-webcast/

For any Americana fans, this one looks juicy.

Faux Addenum: Full Lineup and Details:
Willie Nelson, Lukas Nelson, Micah Nelson, Jewel, Lucinda Williams, Paul Simon & Edie Brickell, Nathaniel Rateliff, Margo Price & Jeremy Ivey, Randy Houser, Lucius, Paul Cauthen, David Ramirez, Nikki Lane, Devon Gilfillian, Early James, Katie Pruitt, Tré Burt, Ian Ferguson, Sunny War, Tami Neilson, Thomas Csorba, AOTR Winner: Ida Mae, Special Guests
http://luckreunion.com/tilfurthernotice
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 3:07pm
Willie Nelson is staging a big webcast festival thing, uh, today it looks like:
Thankfully, the show will go on, sort of, by way of a digital webcast. Announced on Wednesday, the free livestream branded as ‘Til Further Notice will feature performances from Willie, his sons Lukas and Micah, Jewel, Nathaniel Rateliff, Paul Cauthen, Margo Price & Jeremy Ivey, Randy Houser, David Ramirez, Tre Burt, Ian Ferguson, Devon Gilfillian, Early James, Sunny War, and Ida Mae, with more to be announced.

The stream takes place on Thursday afternoon beginning at 6 p.m. CST and continues until 11 p.m CST. Some of the streamed will take place at Arlyn Studios in nearby Austin, while others will be coming in live as filmed by the artists themselves from the safety of their own homes. As mentioned above, the webcast will be free, and fans are encouraged to donate “tips” to be distributed “equally and transparently” to the artists and teams continuing to put on this cyber festival.

“Really looking forward to this. Hopefully, it will be as therapeutic for the folks that tune in as it will be for me,” Margo Price said of the scheduled televised event via her Twitter.

Fans can tune in to LuckReunion.com/tilfurthernotice, Twitch.tv/luckreunion, or Facebook.com/lucktexasreunion at any time between the above-mentioned time-frame to watch the stream. Click here for more information.
Link: https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/willi ... e-webcast/

For any Americana fans, this one looks juicy.

Faux Addenum: Full Lineup and Details:
Willie Nelson, Lukas Nelson, Micah Nelson, Jewel, Lucinda Williams, Paul Simon & Edie Brickell, Nathaniel Rateliff, Margo Price & Jeremy Ivey, Randy Houser, Lucius, Paul Cauthen, David Ramirez, Nikki Lane, Devon Gilfillian, Early James, Katie Pruitt, Tré Burt, Ian Ferguson, Sunny War, Tami Neilson, Thomas Csorba, AOTR Winner: Ida Mae, Special Guests
http://luckreunion.com/tilfurthernotice
Edie Brickell without the New Bohemians? I don't think so!!!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 2:04pm
Robyn Hitchcock = awesome!
Yep - I Often Dream of Trains is one of my favourite albums
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar