Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Show us yer autographs

Post by Silent Majority »

Low Down Low wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 9:03pm
revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 8:18pm
I thought I had a Shane MacGowan autographed poster too. WTF did I do with that?
Would genuinely love to see what a Shane scribble might look like.
What you're imagining? It's that.

In a documentary, MacGowan was on the boat to Ireland, in the pub. A young guy asks for his autograph and Shane writes one out. "It's a joke, yeah?" says Shane. The guy nods. The camera crew catches up to him and asks what was written. The kid reads "To Oliver, fuck off you spotty little Brit, love Shane."
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 2:29am
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
I thought I had a Shane MacGowan autographed poster too. WTF did I do with that?

In a documentary, MacGowan was on the boat to Ireland, in the pub. A young guy asks for his autograph and Shane writes one out. "It's a joke, yeah?" says Shane. The guy nods. The camera crew catches up to him and asks what was written. The kid reads "To Oliver, fuck off you spotty little Brit, love Shane."
Beautiful! Even way beyond my imaginings. Simply best autograph ever! I bet I've seen that doc, but don't remember that. Must watch again m.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 2:29am
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Not in the same league but when The Ordinary Boys started out I saw the band play in Oxford. I was chatting with the singer Preston and a friend of mine and we got his autograph on our British Rail tickets. He signed my friends "All the best, Preston X" but I made him sign mine "fuck off you cunt" love Preston X. Can't find the bloody thing now though. Probably in a cd case somewhere

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

A signed promo copy of Imperial Bedroom, bought it like that didn't get it signed myself.
Imperial Bedroom.jpg

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

This is one I did get signed myself, it's Steve Nieve's elaborate autograph signed on the sleeve of the Accidents Will Happen 7" (which actually has the sleeve photo on the inside and is just white on the outside (a play on Accidents Will Happen). Got this when I bumped into Steve in a pub in Sheffield in 83 before an EC gig at Sheffield Polytechnic. One of my few attempts at bootlegging I actually recorded the concert on a small pocket cassette recorder - didn't turn out too bad.
Steve Nieve.jpg
Last edited by AudioAmmunition on 01 Apr 2020, 8:19am, edited 2 times in total.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Not autographed but an interesting bit of early EC memoribilia. This was sent to me by Stiff records after trying to buy something from them which was out of stock. It was a flyer given away with early copies of first album allowing buyer to get another copy sent free to a friend.
Hype Elvis.jpg

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Here's The Adverts set list from July 78 which I got signed myself. I think it was just before release of the second album after the original drummer Laurie Driver had been replaced by Rod Latter. The fifth signature is (Dave) Stoner of the Doctors of Madness who was roadying that night.
Adverts.jpg

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 7:56am
Not autographed but an interesting bit of early EC memoribilia. This was sent to me by Stiff records after trying to buy something from them which was out of stock. It was a flyer given away with early copies of first album allowing buyer to get another copy sent free to a friend.
Hype Elvis.jpg
Nice stuff AA. Years ago '78 I think, I remember writing off to Look-In magazine and I was sent a signed EC black & white picture. It was lost in a move sadly.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Not signed this one, but quite historical. It is my set list from the very first UK show by The Dead Kennedy's 25-10-1980, Taboo Rock Club, Scarborough. Right up until about 30 minutes before stage time Jello had not turned up, he had flown over on a different flight from the rest of the band who had been around since the afternoon.
Dead Kennedys.jpg

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 8:04am
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Hype Elvis.jpg
Nice stuff AA. Years ago '78 I think, I remember writing off to Look-In magazine and I was sent a signed EC black & white picture. It was lost in a move sadly.
Cheers Marky, you have lots of interesting stuff yourself. Seen Elvis 3 times but never met him, there's still time he still tours and still in good form from reviews I've seen.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Here's a letter I got from Jean Jacques of the Stranglers, in response to a fan letter sent to him by me. The 'writing paper' he apologises for is actually a nice large black and white (not the album) promo photo of the band.
Attachments
JJB.jpg

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Here's a signed Billy Bragg songbook, bought like this not signed personally. The 'free audio aid' mentioned on the cover is a thin as paper square 7" flexi disc which is still with the book.
Billy Bragg.jpg

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 8:05am
Not signed this one, but quite historical. It is my set list from the very first UK show by The Dead Kennedy's 25-10-1980, Taboo Rock Club, Scarborough. Right up until about 30 minutes before stage time Jello had not turned up, he had flown over on a different flight from the rest of the band who had been around since the afternoon.Dead Kennedys.jpg
Damn...what a setlist! I had an autograph from Jello after a spoken word performance in 1994, but it's long gone. My son has autographs from the Violent Femmes. That's about all I got.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 8:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Hype Elvis.jpg
Cheers Marky, you have lots of interesting stuff yourself. Seen Elvis 3 times but never met him, there's still time he still tours and still in good form from reviews I've seen.
Hello,

I saw Elvis for the 6th time in November - I posted comments somewhere - he was really good!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

gkbill wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 1:56pm
AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 8:08am
Marky Dread wrote:
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Hype Elvis.jpg
Hello,

I saw Elvis for the 6th time in November - I posted comments somewhere - he was really good!
Yeah I'm gonna make it a priority to see old Declan when he next tours.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia