13 Jun 2020, 5:35am
101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 5:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 5:21am
101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 5:17am

Nope.
I changed it to Horace mate. I remembered that you can see Brad in the back in one scene. And without watching the vid isn't there a scene where no one is driving. I wanna go watch it now.

Such a simple vid yet really effective.
Yep Horace.
Is there a scene where no one is driving or dis I imagine that?
They go past a car that has no one in it.
Ahh ok mate cheers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Trivia Question

Post by Low Down Low »

Still trying to figure out how the guardian had Pet Shop Boys ahead of Ghost Town in their greatest No.1 poll. Total wankology far as I'm concerned.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 5:51am
Still trying to figure out how the guardian had Pet Shop Boys ahead of Ghost Town in their greatest No.1 poll. Total wankology far as I'm concerned.
There will be your answer.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Low Down Low wrote:
That was appalling. I was gonna start a thread on here about it but it was too depressing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 6:05am
Low Down Low wrote:
That was appalling. I was gonna start a thread on here about it but it was too depressing.
Nearly as bad Ashes to Ashes didnt even make the top 100. They'd both be in my top 3, though I'm admittedly biased towards that period.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Maybe naive but I'd expect better tbh, Dave Simpson, Michael Hann, Richard Williams etc - guardian does have a few decent music contributors. End of day it's just a list though, doing what lists invariably do!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Name two UK Top 5 singles where the title of the song only appears as the last words sung.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 8:45am
Name two UK Top 5 singles where the title of the song only appears as the last words sung.
Up the Junction must be one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 9:03am
oliver wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 8:45am
Up the Junction must be one.
Correct

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 6:24am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Maybe naive but I'd expect better tbh, Dave Simpson, Michael Hann, Richard Williams etc - guardian does have a few decent music contributors. End of day it's just a list though, doing what lists invariably do!
Most of these things are utter nonsense and half the time I'm convinced something other than what we all know genuinely to be the best track doesn't win. Just to make their list arguable and to be different.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 9:36am
Low Down Low wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 6:24am
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Most of these things are utter nonsense and half the time I'm convinced something other than what we all know genuinely to be the best track doesn't win. Just to make their list arguable and to be different.
Yeah totally get that. It's like that clash list that was posted a while back, all fine and normal till Hitsville UK was top 3 or something, to provide the "talking point" and people always get reeled in. Well, i do anyway! It's cheap, renewable copy too.

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

Virginia Plain, Roxy Music and Made of Stone, Stone Roses both have title only sung as last words. I can't take full credit though, I already knew about Virginia Plain but it was a phone in on last week's RadMac show connecting the 3 tracks (the other being Up The Junction).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 11:04am
Virginia Plain, Roxy Music and Made of Stone, Stone Roses both have title only sung as last words. I can't take full credit though, I already knew about Virginia Plain but it was a phone in on last week's RadMac show connecting the 3 tracks (the other being Up The Junction).
The key to the question is "Top 5" I don't think "Made of Stone" made the Top 5. But "Viriginia Plain" sounds correct to me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
Yep... don't know if there are others (doesn't sound like it) but VP and UTJ were the ones i was thinking of.

Good work H and AA (and everyone else who knew but due to timings couldn't get there first)

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

oliver wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 5:22pm
AudioAmmunition wrote:
Yep... don't know if there are others (doesn't sound like it) but VP and UTJ were the ones i was thinking of.

Good work H and AA (and everyone else who knew but due to timings couldn't get there first)
Good question 👍

Who’s up next?