I'm doing a deep dive on Ratt...

General music discussion.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

I'm doing a deep dive on Ratt...

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Who knew that before Whitesnake fame Tawny Kitaen appeared on the Round and Round single cover?

BostonBeaneater

Re: I'm doing a deep dive on Ratt...

Di you know that Ratt's classic line up drummer Bobby Blotzer was in Dokken before he joined Ratt? Don Dokken looks like this now:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2020, 12:04am
Di you know that Ratt's classic line up drummer Bobby Blotzer was in Dokken before he joined Ratt? Don Dokken looks like this now:

I laughed. I maybe didn't look as good as he did 30 years ago but I definitely look way better now.
Edit I also haven't had as much drugs and meaningless sex so I guess he still comes out on top.

Tell me more about Ratt.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
02 May 2020, 12:08am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2020, 12:04am

I laughed. I maybe didn't look as good as he did 30 years ago but I definitely look way better now.
Edit I also haven't had as much drugs and meaningless sex so I guess he still comes out on top.

Tell me more about Ratt.
I am researching Ratt tonight after seeing this advertisement:

BostonBeaneater

By the early 90s Ratt was fracturing. Their last classic line up single, Nobody Rides for Free, appeared on the Point Break soundtrack.

BostonBeaneater

Stephen Pearcy is the founder and, I guess, owner of Ratt. As of today's wikipedia standing her is, "Pearcy is divorced, and lives with his girlfriend Kristi Adair. He has a daughter from his first marriage."

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2020, 12:31am
By the early 90s Ratt was fracturing. Their last classic line up single, Nobody Rides for Free, appeared on the Point Break soundtrack.

That’s a great one though I take exception to the notion that this is the “classic lineup” as Robin Crosby was out of the band at this point.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Also let me know when you get to the Detonator album.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of my favourite hair metal stories involves (pretty sure) Don Dokken. At a show, he was doing all the standard metal guitar god moves while soloing and he felt his spandex pants rip from ass to crotch. One of the roadies came on stage while he's still playing and gaffer taped his pants back together. He finished the show that way but lost all the hair on his ass when he took off the pants backstage. Tres Spinal Tap.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

matedog wrote:
02 May 2020, 1:32am
BostonBeaneater wrote:

That’s a great one though I take exception to the notion that this is the “classic lineup” as Robin Crosby was out of the band at this point.
I really don’t know much about Ratt.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2020, 6:24am
One of my favourite hair metal stories involves (pretty sure) Don Dokken. At a show, he was doing all the standard metal guitar god moves while soloing and he felt his spandex pants rip from ass to crotch. One of the roadies came on stage while he's still playing and gaffer taped his pants back together. He finished the show that way but lost all the hair on his ass when he took off the pants backstage. Tres Spinal Tap.

If only there was video.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2020, 8:30am
matedog wrote:
02 May 2020, 1:32am
BostonBeaneater wrote:

I really don’t know much about Ratt.
But I have so many questions...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I thought this was gonna be about a mission to find Mr. Patrol.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
02 May 2020, 8:39am
I thought this was gonna be about a mission to find Mr. Patrol.
Me too. Hoped that Beaneater had donned trench coat and fedora and begun sleuthing our serial killer's whereabouts.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
02 May 2020, 8:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 May 2020, 6:24am

If only there was video.
I figured I had shared that story before. A got a bit of the details wrong, plus extra dumb hair metal stories at the link: viewtopic.php?p=261749#p261749