Olaf wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:10pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 May 2020, 3:46pm
Silent Majority wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:59am
Kraftwerk might be the answer given their importance for inspiring both techno and hip hop, which in turn have come to dominate the mainstream, yet how many music fans think about them?
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... l-exchange
Nice yeah
Yes when you compare how far reaching and influential they have been versus their own legacy / credit / fame ( for want of a better word).
I was always under the impression that they were rated fairly highly in the UK, compared to here.
No idea about Germany but yes they were rated in UK especially by the musos but not so much the great unwashed. My point bring their influence snd the success / fame et..others got from what they did before was greater than their own?

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Most UNDERRATED band of all time...

Post by 101Walterton »

101Walterton wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:51pm
Olaf wrote:
28 May 2020, 4:10pm
101Walterton wrote:
25 May 2020, 3:46pm
Silent Majority wrote:
25 May 2020, 7:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2020, 6:59am
Kraftwerk might be the answer given their importance for inspiring both techno and hip hop, which in turn have come to dominate the mainstream, yet how many music fans think about them?
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... l-exchange
Nice yeah
Yes when you compare how far reaching and influential they have been versus their own legacy / credit / fame ( for want of a better word).
I was always under the impression that they were rated fairly highly in the UK, compared to here.
No idea about Germany but yes they were rated in UK especially by the musos but not so much the great unwashed. My point bring their influence snd the success / fame et..others got from what they did before was greater than their own?
Hmm should have done my homework first :naughty:

Never knew they had back to back #1 singles in UK in 1981.
So looking at their discography they had a second coming on the back of the UK New Wave scene.