Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 4:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 3:42pm
Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 3:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 3:16pm

:lol: Horribly, my MASH lyrics predated that episode.
I have a friend that does the same thing with Game of Thrones.
Cool friend or dork friend? Just want to know whether I might be able to upgrade my status a bit.
He can be cool but he's very self-centered and sometimes thoughtless. He's the guitarist in that band I used to be in. Is THAT what you want to be like?!
Oh lord, no!

BTW, what's the status of the album? Last I heard, you suspected your work had been recorded over. Was that true? And if so, nah, I'm no longer interested in a copy.
As far as I know, only my chorus line on the song "Saved" got replaced, but Stephen Hague made a real dog's breakfast of the mix of the whole album (I was pleased to read how much Siouxsie and Hooky have hated working with him in the past). It sounds so weak and muddled compared to the raw power and guts of our rehearsal sound. In any case, you can listen here: https://wearethegodsthemselves.bandcamp ... new-excuse

I don't get any mechanical royalties, so don't spend any money on it, though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: I've got ya covered

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 4:30pm
As far as I know, only my chorus line on the song "Saved" got replaced, but Stephen Hague made a real dog's breakfast of the mix of the whole album (I was pleased to read how much Siouxsie and Hooky have hated working with him in the past). It sounds so weak and muddled compared to the raw power and guts of our rehearsal sound.
That's a shame. I didn't have an issue with the sound on the New Order records he did, but I didn't care for PiL.
In any case, you can listen here: https://wearethegodsthemselves.bandcamp ... new-excuse

I'll stream it in the next few days or so. I'd still buy an autographed cd from you, tho. Always happy to throw some dough at the deserving.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 4:36pm
Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 4:30pm
As far as I know, only my chorus line on the song "Saved" got replaced, but Stephen Hague made a real dog's breakfast of the mix of the whole album (I was pleased to read how much Siouxsie and Hooky have hated working with him in the past). It sounds so weak and muddled compared to the raw power and guts of our rehearsal sound.
That's a shame. I didn't have an issue with the sound on the New Order records he did, but I didn't care for PiL.
According to Hook, he did the same thing—sucking the guts out of what they had, and also clearly having a vendetta against bass players. Something that's probably not as obvious if you weren't the co-creator of a song that he got his hands on.
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 4:36pm
In any case, you can listen here: https://wearethegodsthemselves.bandcamp ... new-excuse

I'll stream it in the next few days or so. I'd still buy an autographed cd from you, tho. Always happy to throw some dough at the deserving.
I appreciate it. I wish it was something better to listen to, but it's a monument to compromise.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 5:10pm
I appreciate it. I wish it was something better to listen to, but it's a monument to compromise.
I'm Canadian—we're genetically predisposed to compromise (well, amongst white people, anyway; all others are usually politely ignored). Post that fucker to me and let me know a fair price.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 5:39pm
Kory wrote:
I'm Canadian—we're genetically predisposed to compromise (well, amongst white people, anyway; all others are usually politely ignored). Post that fucker to me and let me know a fair price.
Oh, I was just saying I appreciate the sentiment. I don't even have a physical copy of my own! The guitarist said he would send me one but I've seen nothing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 5:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Oh, I was just saying I appreciate the sentiment. I don't even have a physical copy of my own! The guitarist said he would send me one but I've seen nothing.
Oh, whoops. Well, if and when you get an extra copy, let me know.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 5:48pm
Kory wrote:
03 Jun 2020, 5:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Oh, whoops. Well, if and when you get an extra copy, let me know.
Will do, will do.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

drowninghere wrote:
05 Jun 2020, 9:36pm
An ideal example of a song that is achingly beautiful. The only version that comes close to Elvis'.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I don't know if this has been previously posted but it's worth listening - pretty straightforward but it's still got the Mighty Mighty touch to it.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 3:49pm
Hello,

I don't know if this has been previously posted but it's worth listening - pretty straightforward but it's still got the Mighty Mighty touch to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GCqb-pVZ71s
I've always been particularly fond of this cover by the yucktones. they play it live all the time, they obviously adore the song.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:42pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

I've always been particularly fond of this cover by the yucktones. they play it live all the time, they obviously adore the song.
Before I click on it, is it Detroit Rock City?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 8:29pm
Flex wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 4:42pm
gkbill wrote:
Hello,

Before I click on it, is it Detroit Rock City?
Rudy Can't Fail