So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 12:53pm

Listening to the He Said Omala album right now. Not counting the Dome records, it's probably my favourite Wire-related solo album. Graham Lewis' collaborations in the 1990s interregnum were generally exceptional.
I have the Take Care album by He Said, but I think I like this better.
I'm not especially keen on either He Said (or HALO, which is also just GL) but the He Said Omala and Hox albums are superb. Yet, from Dome to the present, GL's best work has been done outside Wire.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 1:14pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Listening to the He Said Omala album right now. Not counting the Dome records, it's probably my favourite Wire-related solo album. Graham Lewis' collaborations in the 1990s interregnum were generally exceptional.
I'm not especially keen on either He Said (or HALO, which is also just GL) but the He Said Omala and Hox albums are superb. Yet, from Dome to the present, GL's best work has been done outside Wire.
Yeah out of all of them, I think Hox is still my favorite. His daughter's work is quite good too, I remember you posted that a while ago and it stayed in my rotation for quite a while, actually.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 1:14pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah out of all of them, I think Hox is still my favorite. His daughter's work is quite good too, I remember you posted that a while ago and it stayed in my rotation for quite a while, actually.
Have you heard the album pre>He? Can share if you're interested.
http://www.wireviews.com/reviews/pre_he.html
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!