So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 2:52pm
Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 2:25pm
Fun fact: I have an irrational dislike of OpIvy because, back in the day, they made it hard for me to locate stuff by the band Ivy, either on eBay or Napster. I feel the same about Wire Train.
Do eBay and Napster search bars not work like regular search engines where you can search an exact phrase by putting it in quotes?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 3:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fun fact: I have an irrational dislike of OpIvy because, back in the day, they made it hard for me to locate stuff by the band Ivy, either on eBay or Napster. I feel the same about Wire Train.
Do eBay and Napster search bars not work like regular search engines where you can search an exact phrase by putting it in quotes?
Maybe not back then. Quotes or not still brought up anything with that word.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 3:18pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fuckers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 3:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Fuckers.
Back then, we blamed Bill Gates for everything we didn't like on the internet. Innocent times, they were.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 4:01pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Fuckers.
Back then, we blamed Bill Gates for everything we didn't like on the internet. Innocent times, they were.
I currently blame Al Gore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 5:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Fuckers.
I'd love a Sore Loserman t-shirt from the time of the Florida recount. Republicans are pretty lame at funny sloganeering, but I liked that one.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 5:14pm
Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 5:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Fuckers.
I'd love a Sore Loserman t-shirt from the time of the Florida recount. Republicans are pretty lame at funny sloganeering, but I liked that one.
You could do some sort of Dada-esque rehash where you use that logo but with a pic of trump or something. Really stick it back to 'em. I'd have to workshop this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Damn but I'd love for Wire to release an album with this kind of snarl. One of those little gems that make being an obsessive worth it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Heartbeat" is exceptional understated Wire, but I think every cover I've heard of it is better than the original.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

God damn but the Wir ep Vien is superb. If The First Letter is half-formed, Vien is, um, fully formed. Anyway, it's fantastic.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 8:27pm
God damn but the Wir ep Vien is superb. If The First Letter is half-formed, Vien is, um, fully formed. Anyway, it's fantastic.
I'll relisten today, it's been a time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you know He Said Omala, Lewis redid "Sexy + Rich" there (and better, but this version is still really good).

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 5:03pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you know He Said Omala, Lewis redid "Sexy + Rich" there (and better, but this version is still really good).
I have a He Said album, but not a He Said Omala album, though I've been looking.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 5:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 5:03pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have a He Said album, but not a He Said Omala album, though I've been looking.
Catch Supposes might be my favourite GL solo work. Just a fantastic record.

edit: Listening to Catch Supposes right now. I'd place it higher than at least five Wire records.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Something familiar going on here...