Re: Great songs where the recognised lead singer doesn't sing the song

Post by Marky Dread »

Gimmix wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 6:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 6:07pm
Gimmix wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:32pm
U.K Subs - She's Not There - with bassist Paul Slack on vocals...

Solid cover version.
Yeah, I've always loved the energy of it. Saw Subs with Paul on bass a couple of years back and they played it then. Lost count of the number of times I've seen the Subs, they always put on a good show.
Yep same seen them loads great band. When I lived in Reading my friend Tim had a small rehearsal place literally 500 yards from my back gate. I was walking past one afternoon and Charlie comes walking out the band were doing a quick rehearsal before that nights gig at the After Dark Club. I says to Charlie see you at the gig later and he says not before I put you on the guest list. This was in the mid 90s. Great stuff. Think they were promoting their "Normal Service Resumed" album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Gimmix
Corner Soul

Re: Great songs where the recognised lead singer doesn't sing the song

Post by Gimmix »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 7:23pm
Gimmix wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 6:14pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 6:07pm
Gimmix wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:32pm
U.K Subs - She's Not There - with bassist Paul Slack on vocals...

Solid cover version.
Yeah, I've always loved the energy of it. Saw Subs with Paul on bass a couple of years back and they played it then. Lost count of the number of times I've seen the Subs, they always put on a good show.
Yep same seen them loads great band. When I lived in Reading my friend Tim had a small rehearsal place literally 500 yards from my back gate. I was walking past one afternoon and Charlie comes walking out the band were doing a quick rehearsal before that nights gig at the After Dark Club. I says to Charlie see you at the gig later and he says not before I put you on the guest list. This was in the mid 90s. Great stuff. Think they were promoting their "Normal Service Resumed" album.
Cool. Charlie is such an amiable, laid back geezer.