Post your own music

General music discussion.
BitterTom
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4251
Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 12:21pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Post your own music

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:37pm
BitterTom wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:23pm
Meant to say it before but had a listen earlier Heston, loved the tracks. Testing Time was my favourite. Proper good tunes bet you lot have a right laugh playing live.
Thanks mate. I always enjoy playing live even though it's stressful until I know all the equipment etc is working ok. I've always had this deep seated fear of technological breakdown.
Well by the sounds of the tunes, there's little to worry on that front. Totally get the equipment worries though, we did a gig about 12 years ago and my vocals were that low in the mix they were barely audible and I still get annoyed by it.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Post your own music

Post by Wolter »

Finally got around to listening to the new tracks and I again marvel at Heston making music as good as this while having the taste of a common Heston.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53546
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Post your own music

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:51pm
Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:01pm
Curious song in that the first minute or so, I wasn't feeling it, but the longer it goes, it really finds its slick groove. Has a real Stephen Hague feel to it. :shifty:
What didn't you like about the first minute, out of curiosity?
Not liking it would be an overstatement. But it felt herky-jerky, Once the vocals and especially the chorus arrived, that seemed to bring it in to a more comfortable rhythm. Of course the rhythm doesn't change, but the other elements blended it, I suppose.
Looks like we differ in our positive appreciation for herk and jerk!
Oh I forgot to mention I dug this time too and also appreciate herk and/or jerk.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89428
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Post your own music

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Finally got around to listening to the new tracks and I again marvel at Heston making music as good as this while having the taste of a common Heston.
It is the greatest paradox of our time.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33737
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Post your own music

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:46pm
Wolter wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Finally got around to listening to the new tracks and I again marvel at Heston making music as good as this while having the taste of a common Heston.
It is the greatest paradox of our time.
:lol:

Never underestimate the influential power of Music From the Elder.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89428
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Post your own music

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 7:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:46pm
Wolter wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Finally got around to listening to the new tracks and I again marvel at Heston making music as good as this while having the taste of a common Heston.
It is the greatest paradox of our time.
:lol:

Never underestimate the influential power of Music From the Elder.
To do good? No, I refuse to accept that. The only other explanation is that you are a sentient dung beetle. And that makes no sense.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12309
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Post your own music

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 6:42pm
Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 7:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:51pm
Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 6:01pm
Curious song in that the first minute or so, I wasn't feeling it, but the longer it goes, it really finds its slick groove. Has a real Stephen Hague feel to it. :shifty:
What didn't you like about the first minute, out of curiosity?
Not liking it would be an overstatement. But it felt herky-jerky, Once the vocals and especially the chorus arrived, that seemed to bring it in to a more comfortable rhythm. Of course the rhythm doesn't change, but the other elements blended it, I suppose.
Looks like we differ in our positive appreciation for herk and jerk!
Oh I forgot to mention I dug this time too and also appreciate herk and/or jerk.
Thanks!
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Post Reply