Re: Post your own music

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 5:31pm
Heston wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 3:26pm
This is brilliant.
Nice one mate, cheers!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Seems as good a time as any...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm late to the party (not even fashionably so :disshame:) and only finally realizing that I haven't sat down with this. I'm only halfway thru, but this has got to be the best record you guys have done yet. Nice and tight, seriously tuneful and loaded with energy. You guys must be dynamite live. Seriously, hats off to you and your bandmates, H.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 2:22pm
I'm late to the party (not even fashionably so :disshame:) and only finally realizing that I haven't sat down with this. I'm only halfway thru, but this has got to be the best record you guys have done yet. Nice and tight, seriously tuneful and loaded with energy. You guys must be dynamite live. Seriously, hats off to you and your bandmates, H.
Ah, thanks so much Doc. Yeah, I think finally going into a proper studio brought out the best in us. You can probably get too comfortable and stuck in your ways when you're recording yourself. The producer guy took us to task and demanded better when it was required. We've been getting really good feedback on the album, so yeah, happy days.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 4:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah, thanks so much Doc. Yeah, I think finally going into a proper studio brought out the best in us. You can probably get too comfortable and stuck in your ways when you're recording yourself. The producer guy took us to task and demanded better when it was required. We've been getting really good feedback on the album, so yeah, happy days.
Being wholly ignorant of how that all works, what kind of things did the producer say and do? Was it technical stuff? Was it pep talk or scolding? Just curious if you have a story that illustrates how you would have gone about things on your own versus what the producer got you guys to do.

(Also, you numbnuts should do the bandcamp thing. I'd happily pay for higher bitrate but I don't need an actual cd.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 5:23pm
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Being wholly ignorant of how that all works, what kind of things did the producer say and do? Was it technical stuff? Was it pep talk or scolding? Just curious if you have a story that illustrates how you would have gone about things on your own versus what the producer got you guys to do.

(Also, you numbnuts should do the bandcamp thing. I'd happily pay for higher bitrate but I don't need an actual cd.)
Basically another set of ears that says, nah, that's not good enough. The guy who produced us is only 25 but was confident enough to say if something was crap, and did it with tact.

I'm on the case with the bandcamp, Spotify etc thing. I realise CDs are becoming more redundant as the years go by. I'll post here once we have something sorted.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Basically another set of ears that says, nah, that's not good enough. The guy who produced us is only 25 but was confident enough to say if something was crap, and did it with tact.
Man, if you need someone to say that's not good enough, I can probably do that for free! :shifty:
I'm on the case with the bandcamp, Spotify etc thing. I realise CDs are becoming more redundant as the years go by. I'll post here once we have something sorted.
Excellent! It's my main source for actually paying for music these days.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 5:49pm
Heston wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 5:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Man, if you need someone to say that's not good enough, I can probably do that for free! :shifty:
:mrgreen:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Hes, the CD I ordered just showed up and I listened to it with my partner from my hip-hop concern. Just wanted to pass along that we both really loved it. Keep up the great work!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 4:47pm
Hes, the CD I ordered just showed up and I listened to it with my partner from my hip-hop concern. Just wanted to pass along that we both really loved it. Keep up the great work!
Ah cheers man. It means a lot that some of my good pals on here are digging it. Thanks again.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
Ah cheers man. It means a lot that some of my good pals on here are digging it. Thanks again.
Can I order one mate?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 4:57pm
Heston wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 4:55pm
Kory wrote:
Can I order one mate?
Of course mate. Just send your address again to save me hunting back through messages. Cheers.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Hey, you can become our first follower on Bandcamp. Individual tracks for sale or purchase the full album digitally! Also coming to Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music etc next month.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Heston wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 7:20pm
Hey, you can become our first follower on Bandcamp. Individual tracks for sale or purchase the full album digitally! Also coming to Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music etc next month.

Well you finally motivated me to join Band Camp, consider yourself "followed".
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung