Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 3:40pm
Heston wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 8:04pm
Kory wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 7:54pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 7:02pm
I would usually put these in the "Question For Heston" thread but this place seems more hip and happening. Here's three new tunes we've been working on over the last few weeks if anyone fancies a listen...
Great energy on these, where are you recording?
Just in our rehearsal room on a digital 16 track. All the tracks are mostly live except for some vocal tracking and bolstered guitars. Here's our place...

prakaz.jpg
Very nice. Is it yours or a band member or somewhere you rent?
Rented mate. We get 24 hour use every Tuesday and Sat afternoons if we want it. The best thing is we can store all our gear there permanently. Three other bands use it and we know them so it's all good. Not bad for £100 per calendar month, that's only 20 quid per band member in our case.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Post your own music

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 3:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
I would usually put these in the "Question For Heston" thread but this place seems more hip and happening. Here's three new tunes we've been working on over the last few weeks if anyone fancies a listen...
Just in our rehearsal room on a digital 16 track. All the tracks are mostly live except for some vocal tracking and bolstered guitars. Here's our place...

prakaz.jpg
Rented mate. We get 24 hour use every Tuesday and Sat afternoons if we want it. The best thing is we can store all our gear there permanently. Three other bands use it and we know them so it's all good. Not bad for £100 per calendar month, that's only 20 quid per band member in our case.
That's excellent mate. Saves on all that lugging stuff around. Looks a real nice place also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 4:17pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

prakaz.jpg
That's excellent mate. Saves on all that lugging stuff around. Looks a real nice place also.
Yeah great deal. Who’s drums are those?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 5:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 4:17pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

prakaz.jpg
Yeah great deal. Who’s drums are those?
It's just a house kit that all the bands use.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

prakaz.jpg
Our spot was much shittier than yours and we had to pay $96 per bandmember, split between three bands. So it was roughly $1,000/mo. America!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:

A Question For Heston, then. New album in the offing, John?

Heston

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 1:48pm
Heston wrote:

A Question For Heston, then. New album in the offing, John?
We've got enough songs written Dave and rough demos done. I'd like to think it's a possibility somewhere down the line but the gigs are already coming thick and fast after the lockdown and it's tough juggling life with music sometimes. All the band have kids and jobs and it's just about finding the time. Damn, I wish I was 21 again. ;)

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 12:46pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

prakaz.jpg
Our spot was much shittier than yours and we had to pay $96 per bandmember, split between three bands. So it was roughly $1,000/mo. America!
Holy shit, that's a tough one mate. We're lucky that the place we rehearse is like a co-operative. The guy who runs it is in one of the bands and basically doesn't profiteer from it. I had my turn at managing the place a few years ago but was glad to pass the baton on.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 6:42pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

prakaz.jpg
Holy shit, that's a tough one mate. We're lucky that the place we rehearse is like a co-operative. The guy who runs it is in one of the bands and basically doesn't profiteer from it. I had my turn at managing the place a few years ago but was glad to pass the baton on.
I like it. Maybe setting something like that up will by my second act in life.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 2:49pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

One way of sticking it to the man.

My daughter liked your song by the way. Every few weeks I put together a CD of stuff I've grabbed from various places for the car. She mostly rolls her eyes at the shit I play, but she was nodding along approvingly.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:02pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

My daughter liked your song by the way. Every few weeks I put together a CD of stuff I've grabbed from various places for the car. She mostly rolls her eyes at the shit I play, but she was nodding along approvingly.
Whether I'm flattered by that will depend on what her usual taste is! :lol:
Thanks for the continued listening, though.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:12pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:

You don't want to know :mrgreen:

My Chemical Romance
21 Pilots
Paramore
etc

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Meant to say it before but had a listen earlier Heston, loved the tracks. Testing Time was my favourite. Proper good tunes bet you lot have a right laugh playing live.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:23pm
Meant to say it before but had a listen earlier Heston, loved the tracks. Testing Time was my favourite. Proper good tunes bet you lot have a right laugh playing live.
Thanks mate. I always enjoy playing live even though it's stressful until I know all the equipment etc is working ok. I've always had this deep seated fear of technological breakdown.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:21pm
Kory wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 4:12pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:

You don't want to know :mrgreen:

My Chemical Romance
21 Pilots
Paramore
etc
Whoops. We've gone wrong somewhere.