Any Leatherface fans on here?

General music discussion.
Guest1

Any Leatherface fans on here?

Post by Guest1 »

Super underrated punk band, never really got their due but also probably a victim of timing and geography. They came out in the late 80s early 90s, way past hardcore and on the wrong continent (England). If they had held on till about 95 when we had Green Day and Face to Face shoved down our throats maybe they would’ve made an impact. Their sound has been described as Lemmy fronting the Ramones but I think that does them a severe disservice. Some really tasty melodic guitar lead work that you don’t hear very often in the genre.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Any Leatherface fans on here?

Post by Heston »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 8:37pm

Super underrated punk band, never really got their due but also probably a victim of timing and geography. They came out in the late 80s early 90s, way past hardcore and on the wrong continent (England). If they had held on till about 95 when we had Green Day and Face to Face shoved down our throats maybe they would’ve made an impact. Their sound has been described as Lemmy fronting the Ramones but I think that does them a severe disservice. Some really tasty melodic guitar lead work that you don’t hear very often in the genre.
They're from up the road to me. Was never a big fan but met Frankie Stubbs a couple of times as he owned a rehearsal room we used to practice in. What I've heard is fairly decent but never fully checked them out. Any other song recommendations?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Guest1

Re: Any Leatherface fans on here?

Post by Guest1 »

Heston wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 9:10pm
RockNRollWhore wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 8:37pm

They're from up the road to me. Was never a big fan but met Frankie Stubbs a couple of times as he owned a rehearsal room we used to practice in. What I've heard is fairly decent but never fully checked them out. Any other song recommendations?

Just a small little sampler.