Help with Streaming music via wifi

General music discussion.
NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Help with Streaming music via wifi

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I wondered if anyone here can help me. Is there any software that works similar to spotify ie. you can stream music to a speaker though the WiFi but from sound files that are local on your laptop . The reason i am asking is because i don't like Bluetooth it sounds far too dirty and when i try to stream local files on spotify it doesn't work and i think its because spotify thinks they are illegal and unlicensed music. So software that doesn't check for authenticity as well. The strange thing is its music that has been purchased its just isn't recognised as such by spotify

Software that is free would be good as well. Thanks

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Help with Streaming music via wifi

Post by Flex »

I use mediamonkey and love it, but I think its streaming capabilities are only available in the paid version (I bought a lifetime license like 15 years ago so it's been a while since I had to track the differences). You can take a look and see if it'll fit:

http://mediamonkey.com/
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Help with Streaming music via wifi

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Flex wrote:
29 May 2021, 9:36pm
I use mediamonkey and love it, but I think its streaming capabilities are only available in the paid version (I bought a lifetime license like 15 years ago so it's been a while since I had to track the differences). You can take a look and see if it'll fit:

http://mediamonkey.com/
Thanks for that Flex that software looks exactly what i am after. In fact i like the app so much i have purchased the lifetime registration as well.