New Cramps & Mutants @ Napa State Hospital Documentary

General music discussion.
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

New Cramps & Mutants @ Napa State Hospital Documentary

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

A very cool doc about when The Cramps and The Mutants performed at Napa State Hospital 43 years ago this month.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: New Cramps & Mutants @ Napa State Hospital Documentary

Post by Sparky »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 11:15pm
A very cool doc about when The Cramps and The Mutants performed at Napa State Hospital 43 years ago this month.

Thanks BR16ADE_R055E, can't wait to watch it later today. I used to see the Cramps way back when they played the Cuckoo's Nest, Lux always put on a hell of a show.

**Edit** I just finished watching the video, it was really good. I didn't know about the two bands playing the state hospital, I cant' imagine them allowing such a thing today. Looked like the patients were really having a blast.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Re: New Cramps & Mutants @ Napa State Hospital Documentary

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Sparky wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 8:54am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 11:15pm

Thanks BR16ADE_R055E, can't wait to watch it later today. I used to see the Cramps way back when they played the Cuckoo's Nest, Lux always put on a hell of a show.

**Edit** I just finished watching the video, it was really good. I didn't know about the two bands playing the state hospital, I cant' imagine them allowing such a thing today. Looked like the patients were really having a blast.
Welcome, Sparky. The Mutants from San Francisco are a fantastic new wave band that still play today. Yes, that would probably never happen today. Later that year (September 1st), San Francisco band CRIME played San Quentin in front of the inmates. Target Video also shot that show. A band named “CRIME” dressed as cops performing a song titled “Piss On Your Dog” at a maximum security prison? That also would probably never happen today.