‘Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash’ Box Set

General music discussion.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: ‘Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash’ Box Set

Post by Sparky »

New video for "Johnny's Gonna Die" from the box set that's coming out tomorrow. Song was written by Paul Westerberg after seeing the sad state Johnny Thunders was in when he played Minneapolis in 1980.

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

If anyone is in the Minneapolis area, apparently Electric Fetus records has an exclusive freebie flexidisc if you buy the new box set there. 4 live Replacements tracks, only available on this promo.
A bit annoying if you ordered the bundle from rhino.com with extra bits and thought that would cover everything, but there you go. Hopefully the tracks will be shared sooner or later.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JohnS wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 11:27am
If anyone is in the Minneapolis area, apparently Electric Fetus records has an exclusive freebie flexidisc if you buy the new box set there. 4 live Replacements tracks, only available on this promo.
A bit annoying if you ordered the bundle from rhino.com with extra bits and thought that would cover everything, but there you go. Hopefully the tracks will be shared sooner or later.
Damnit! A bit geographically challenged plus I already pre-ordered the box set from Rhino, although I don't have it yet (that's another sore spot). Any idea what the 4 live tracks are and what show they were recorded at?

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Sparky wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 12:05pm
JohnS wrote:
Damnit! A bit geographically challenged plus I already pre-ordered the box set from Rhino, although I don't have it yet (that's another sore spot). Any idea what the 4 live tracks are and what show they were recorded at?
I can’t work out how to post a link to the webpage, but if you search electric fetus replacements flex you’ll find a write up of the offer on the EF website.
And I was wrong, it’s not live tracks but alternate studio takes:
Raised In The City (alt version 2
Rattlesnake (alternate version)
Takin a Ride (incomplete vocal version)
Something to Du (alt version 3)

Yeah, a pain that this is so limited and hard to get. Apparently the decision was made to produce it after the box set and the promo bits / bundles were put together- Electric Fetus asked Rhino for some sort of exclusive and this is what they put together.
I’ve read reports that at least one other indie store has accidentally been sent the flexi and offered them to in-store buyers of the set… (Easy Street records in west Seattle)
All this info is from the Steve Hoffman forum by the way
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JohnS wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 1:00pm
Sparky wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 12:05pm
JohnS wrote:
I can’t work out how to post a link to the webpage, but if you search electric fetus replacements flex you’ll find a write up of the offer on the EF website.
And I was wrong, it’s not live tracks but alternate studio takes:
Raised In The City (alt version 2
Rattlesnake (alternate version)
Takin a Ride (incomplete vocal version)
Something to Du (alt version 3)

Yeah, a pain that this is so limited and hard to get. Apparently the decision was made to produce it after the box set and the promo bits / bundles were put together- Electric Fetus asked Rhino for some sort of exclusive and this is what they put together.
I’ve read reports that at least one other indie store has accidentally been sent the flexi and offered them to in-store buyers of the set… (Easy Street records in west Seattle)
All this info is from the Steve Hoffman forum by the way
Thanks, found it: https://electricfetus.com/NewsItem/9843
Hopefully Rhino will at least add these 4 tracks as a digital download extra, sort of like they did on "Dead Man's Pop" I Won't Digital Single (Bearsville Version). Seems the least they can do after the cluster they have with getting pre-orders shipped.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

How many bloody different things are needed. The 7" single now this flexi. I've ordered just the box set from Amazon £53. Didn't want to pay an extra £15 - 20 just to get that 7".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 4:03pm
How many bloody different things are needed. The 7" single now this flexi. I've ordered just the box set from Amazon £53. Didn't want to pay an extra £15 - 20 just to get that 7".
I agree, for the money Rhino is asking, this should have been included.
Mine just arrived, heads up for anybody who is ordering this, the song list is glued with 2 small globs of rubber cement to the back of the album. If you take your time, work your fingers around the 2 globs while pulling up slowly, you'll be able to get it off without damaging the list or the back cover.
Attachments
Sorry Ma Box Set.JPG
Sorry Ma Box Set.JPG (132.61 KiB) Viewed 2040 times

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 4:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Mine just arrived, heads up for anybody who is ordering this, the song list is glued with 2 small globs of rubber cement to the back of the album. If you take your time, work your fingers around the 2 globs while pulling up slowly, you'll be able to get it off without damaging the list or the back cover.
I have had loads like that. My Who box set had similar song lists. My Mats box should arrive tomorrow then I'll kick, kick your door down. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Front & back, wasn't able to attach to my previous post for some reason.
Attachments
Sorry Ma Front.JPG
Sorry Ma Front.JPG (116.42 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
Sorry May Back.JPG
Sorry May Back.JPG (101.66 KiB) Viewed 2034 times

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:08pm
Sparky wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I have had loads like that. My Who box set had similar song lists. My Mats box should arrive tomorrow then I'll kick, kick your door down. 😉
Guess I'm In Trouble then! :mrgreen:
The booklet they included is very nice, just started reading it, lots of good pics.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:11pm
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 5:08pm
Sparky wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Guess I'm In Trouble then! :mrgreen:
The booklet they included is very nice, just started reading it, lots of good pics.
It's okay I'm pretty shiftless. I just hope this new box set doesn't give me a headache. I've bought worse. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

That's lunch sorted...
Attachments
20211030_135432.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 8:55am
That's lunch sorted...
Well, looks like you've got Something to Du today! :mrgreen:
I put a copy of it on my iPod so I can listen to it while running / working out. Good music just motivates me and I forget about the grunt of the work out.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 9:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
That's lunch sorted...
I put a copy of it on my iPod so I can listen to it while running / working out. Good music just motivates me and I forget about the grunt of the work out.
Stay right there, go no further...

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 9:42am
Sparky wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 9:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
That's lunch sorted...
Stay right there, go no further...
Favorite song on the entire album!