23 Dec 2021, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 8:19am
Low Down Low wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 7:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 7:03am
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... tlegged-cd

Sources also emphasized that he treats caterers of all races equally well.
And quelle surprise to reach the end of the article and learn he's a vaccine sceptic and anti lockdown warrior (like Van Morrison).
That's come up here a few times. Someone posted this brilliant bit from Jello Biafra:
I did.
If you look under your front mat, there'll be waiting from me a fresh Christmas goose from me. Unless that Hungarian family down the road has stolen it first. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Clapton wins lawsuit

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 4:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 7:03am
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... tlegged-cd

Sources also emphasized that he treats caterers of all races equally well.
And quelle surprise to reach the end of the article and learn he's a vaccine sceptic and anti lockdown warrior (like Van Morrison).
That's come up here a few times. Someone posted this brilliant bit from Jello Biafra:
I did.
If you look under your front mat, there'll be waiting from me a fresh Christmas goose from me. Unless that Hungarian family down the road has stolen it first. :shifty:
Damn those Hungarians! Just last week they stole my Clapton bootleg collection. I'll probably get sued now for cruelty.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 4:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

I did.
Damn those Hungarians! Just last week they stole my Clapton bootleg collection. I'll probably get sued now for cruelty.
Goulash on their asses!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 4:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 4:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I did.
Goulash on their asses!
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 10:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:14am
One thing that consistently warms my heart is how much the people here loathe Clapton for the human garbage he is.
One small caveat I would add personally is that I never liked his music even before I ever knew about the Enoch Powell connection so feel relieved that's an issue I don't have to grapple with. Van Morrison on the other hand, I simply can't defend him anymore from charges of being an awful human being, albeit nowhere near the Clapton level I don't think, but that can't make me love his music any less, as much as I might wish to.
Yeah, luckily I don’t have to make a choice between music and the person because Clapton’s music is gawdawful dull. In some cases, like Lydon, I have to ignore what he’s become (and maybe what he was all along) because I still value the Pistols and PiL so much. Same for Lennon and the Beatles. We’ve all got that because most artists have said and done ugly things to one degree or another, so we’re drawing all kinds of arbitrary lines of conduct and belief with bands.
I agree, and so did my first guitar teacher, who called his music pedestrian.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Spiff wrote:
27 Dec 2021, 11:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 10:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:14am
One thing that consistently warms my heart is how much the people here loathe Clapton for the human garbage he is.
One small caveat I would add personally is that I never liked his music even before I ever knew about the Enoch Powell connection so feel relieved that's an issue I don't have to grapple with. Van Morrison on the other hand, I simply can't defend him anymore from charges of being an awful human being, albeit nowhere near the Clapton level I don't think, but that can't make me love his music any less, as much as I might wish to.
Yeah, luckily I don’t have to make a choice between music and the person because Clapton’s music is gawdawful dull. In some cases, like Lydon, I have to ignore what he’s become (and maybe what he was all along) because I still value the Pistols and PiL so much. Same for Lennon and the Beatles. We’ve all got that because most artists have said and done ugly things to one degree or another, so we’re drawing all kinds of arbitrary lines of conduct and belief with bands.
I agree, and so did my first guitar teacher, who called his music pedestrian.
I'm still having The Yardbirds and some Cream. But none of this makes him any less than a complete bastard!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

He's done the research and cracked the sinister code!
Clapton then talked about the theory of mass formation hypnosis and his belief that people were being hypnotised into getting vaccinated through messages promoted on YouTube and in the media.

“I thought, ‘What’s going on here?’ I didn’t get the memo. Whatever the memo was, it hadn’t reached me. Then I started to realise there was really a memo, and a guy, [clinical psychology professor] Mattias Desmet, talked about it. And it’s great – the theory of mass formation hypnosis,” he explained. “And I could see it then – once I kind of started to look for it, I saw it everywhere.

“Then I remembered seeing little things on YouTube which were like subliminal advertising; it had been going on for a long time – that thing about ‘you will own nothing and you will be happy.’ And I thought, ‘What’s that mean?’ And bit by bit, I put a rough kind of jigsaw puzzle together. And that made me even more resolute. And so I went from that to looking at the news stuff that was coming out in England and the UK, we have BBC, and it used to be an impartial commentary on world affairs and state affairs. And suddenly it was completely one-way traffic about following orders and obedience.

He continued: “And I felt really motivated, musically. It instigated something which really was laying dormant. I was just playing live gigs up until the lockdown without really being socially involved in any way. Then these guys that were in power really started to piss me… and everybody… I have a tool, I have a calling, and I can make use of that. So I set about it and started writing.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/eric-cla ... ng-3143994

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 7:41am
Clapton then talked about the theory of mass formation hypnosis and his belief that people were being hypnotised into getting vaccinated through messages promoted on YouTube and in the media.

“I thought, ‘What’s going on here?’ I didn’t get the memo. Whatever the memo was, it hadn’t reached me. Then I started to realise there was really a memo, and a guy, [clinical psychology professor] Mattias Desmet, talked about it. And it’s great – the theory of mass formation hypnosis,” he explained. “And I could see it then – once I kind of started to look for it, I saw it everywhere.

“Then I remembered seeing little things on YouTube which were like subliminal advertising; it had been going on for a long time – that thing about ‘you will own nothing and you will be happy.’ And I thought, ‘What’s that mean?’ And bit by bit, I put a rough kind of jigsaw puzzle together. And that made me even more resolute. And so I went from that to looking at the news stuff that was coming out in England and the UK, we have BBC, and it used to be an impartial commentary on world affairs and state affairs. And suddenly it was completely one-way traffic about following orders and obedience.

He continued: “And I felt really motivated, musically. It instigated something which really was laying dormant. I was just playing live gigs up until the lockdown without really being socially involved in any way. Then these guys that were in power really started to piss me… and everybody… I have a tool, I have a calling, and I can make use of that. So I set about it and started writing.”

The only "tool" I can see is Eric Clapton.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 7:41am

"once I kind of started to look for it, I saw it everywhere.'

There's a word for that. It's called psychosis.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Did you all know that Clapton has a song called "Pretty Little Schoolgirl?" I learned this today while playing SongPop. And now you have to know.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 11:57am
Did you all know that Clapton has a song called "Pretty Little Schoolgirl?" I learned this today while playing SongPop. And now you have to know.
Is it about molesting her or making money off her if she dies in his care?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 12:11pm
JennyB wrote:
You Look Wonderful Tonight (As You Cascade From the Window to the Pavement)
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 12:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
You Look Wonderful Tonight (As You Cascade From the Window to the Pavement)
"A triumphant return to form!" - Uncut review

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Can't it be both?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Can't it be both?
Well, it probably is, so yeah!