Clapton wins lawsuit

General music discussion.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Clapton wins lawsuit

Post by Olaf »

Wolter wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 9:40pm
Even worse, I’m pretty sure when that was originally sold, it was legal in Germany.
You are correct, sir. There was a whole series of these, and you could buy them legally at the time. There was a Clash one, too.
Attachments
R-1893998-1250674318.jpeg-2.jpg
R-1893998-1250674318.jpeg-2.jpg (15.6 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Flex wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 11:21pm
tepista wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 11:08pm
He can sue his remaining children for not dying, causing him lost future revenue
Savage. And good.
I Like it!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/ ... tlegged-cd

Sources also emphasized that he treats caterers of all races equally well.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 7:03am

And quelle surprise to reach the end of the article and learn he's a vaccine sceptic and anti lockdown warrior (like Van Morrison).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 7:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And quelle surprise to reach the end of the article and learn he's a vaccine sceptic and anti lockdown warrior (like Van Morrison).
That's come up here a few times. Someone posted this brilliant bit from Jello Biafra:

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 8:19am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That's come up here a few times. Someone posted this brilliant bit from Jello Biafra:
Never saw that before. It's....beautiful.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One thing that consistently warms my heart is how much the people here loathe Clapton for the human garbage he is.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:14am
One thing that consistently warms my heart is how much the people here loathe Clapton for the human garbage he is.
One small caveat I would add personally is that I never liked his music even before I ever knew about the Enoch Powell connection so feel relieved that's an issue I don't have to grapple with. Van Morrison on the other hand, I simply can't defend him anymore from charges of being an awful human being, albeit nowhere near the Clapton level I don't think, but that can't make me love his music any less, as much as I might wish to.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

In light of all the bad press this received, Clapton's management company has some regrets about how this was handled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/er ... li=BBnb7Kz
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 9:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
One small caveat I would add personally is that I never liked his music even before I ever knew about the Enoch Powell connection so feel relieved that's an issue I don't have to grapple with. Van Morrison on the other hand, I simply can't defend him anymore from charges of being an awful human being, albeit nowhere near the Clapton level I don't think, but that can't make me love his music any less, as much as I might wish to.
Yeah, luckily I don’t have to make a choice between music and the person because Clapton’s music is gawdawful dull. In some cases, like Lydon, I have to ignore what he’s become (and maybe what he was all along) because I still value the Pistols and PiL so much. Same for Lennon and the Beatles. We’ve all got that because most artists have said and done ugly things to one degree or another, so we’re drawing all kinds of arbitrary lines of conduct and belief with bands.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 10:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yeah, luckily I don’t have to make a choice between music and the person because Clapton’s music is gawdawful dull. In some cases, like Lydon, I have to ignore what he’s become (and maybe what he was all along) because I still value the Pistols and PiL so much. Same for Lennon and the Beatles. We’ve all got that because most artists have said and done ugly things to one degree or another, so we’re drawing all kinds of arbitrary lines of conduct and belief with bands.
Ah yeah, it's been discussed a lot here. I heard a snatch of Van's anti lockdown material earlier this year, thought it sounded pedestrian and resolved never to hear another bar of it again, ever, so far as I can help it. Pretend it doesn't exist and see how far I can take it.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Just saw an update, Clapton has decided to waive the legal fees the judge ordered the woman who sold the CD to pay.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/er ... li=BBnbfcL
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 10:15am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If I spent time thinking about what kind of people my favorite artists are, I'd only have stuff that I kinda like.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 8:19am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I did.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Fucking millionaire watching eBay just in case someone sells an old show from years ago.

What a vile person he truly is. He's a carbuncle on the backside of humanity.

I hope Robert Johnson haunts the shit out of him.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia