revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Bosstones break up

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 1:09pm
Flex wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 12:56pm
Someone tipped me off that Dicky "I do rallies with pizzagate guys" Barrett's new anti-vaccine supergroup performed at this organization's annual conference a few weeks ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Lin ... e_Alliance

I bring it up mostly because they recently announced they're touring with me first and the gimme gimmes. I think it's unfortunate that because all these people are basically just wealthy elites who like to hang out with each other that no one wants to be mean to their anti-vax psycho friends who use their bands to push medical misinformation. Being part of the millionaire punk rock club is a get out of jail free ticket for trying to actively hurt the human race, I guess.*

*I actually suspect a lot of these people who now have basically decades worth of wealth that inoculates (heh) them from real world consequences privately agree with these brain-addled vipers but don't want the potential drama of saying anything.

Anyways, the real on-point issues is I have friends who know precisely how to push my buttons by texting me this shit. Thanks, assholes.
I didn't realize (or I did and forgot) that the talent from Smash Mouth is in the anti vax supergroup (The Defiant, ugh). I'm unexpectedly disappointed by that for some reason.
I actually did get tix for MFGG. Im still not sure of my plans in relation to the Defiant set. Heckling is not out of the question.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 1:21pm
I actually did get tix for MFGG. Im still not sure of my plans in relation to the Defiant set. Heckling is not out of the question.
Every piece of evidence available is that Dicky has extremely thin skin about all this, so heckling could be a pretty baller move (may get you kicked out though)
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 1:26pm
revbob wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 1:21pm
Every piece of evidence available is that Dicky has extremely thin skin about all this, so heckling could be a pretty baller move (may get you kicked out though)
Wearing a mask just for their set seems like a good starting point.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.