A Packet of Threes (New, New Challenge Thread)

General music discussion.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: A Packet of Threes (New, New Challenge Thread)

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

My summer tour kept me too busy to keep up. I should be more regular now as school starts soon.

Tee Vee Repairmen - I Can't Figure You Out: A really fun, garage-sounding band from Australia.

Full Time Men - We Were Using: Kind of classic rock sounding but with some better sensibilities. I don't think the album has been released yet.

Amy Gabba and the Almost Famous - He's All Yours: Pop/ska stuff that's pretty catchy to me; Amy has a good voice and the band is Interruoters-ish but more pop than ska.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Lovejoy - Wake Up & It's Over. Pretty good modern rock (is that a thing still?). Herky, jerky rhythm. This link is their new EP in total. I'll just cite the first song.

underscores - Cops and Robbers. A fun song about internet thievery ("When's the last time you saw someone with a ski mask and a gun?"). Very good pop that most wouldn't guess the subject matter.

Body Type - Expired Candy. 60's girl group sound but with more guitar.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 3:59pm
Hello,

1000mods - Electric Carve: very upbeat, kind-of-mod-ish to my ears; the aggressive vocals struggle at times but a fun ride

I just saw these guys arw playing in Vermont tonight. But its a 2.5 hour high speed ride away so I will not be making it. Im a bit annoyed that some bands are hitting Brattleboro and not coming further north. It's a fucking hike from here.