revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: The grocery store (and gas station) music thread

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:35am
Kimmelweck wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:28am
My orthodontist jacked my teeth around for 4 years, from 4th to 8th grade, and I can’t even remember the fucker’s name. I’ll never forget that bastard with his little hammer though, pounding spacers between my back teeth to make room for those fucking bands. My head would ache for days. One of the best days of my life was when I got those braces off.
The days after getting them tightened was misery. I've also got scars on the inside of my cheeks from when they wouldn't properly clip the new wire and the ends would cut. Miserable miserable miserable.
Yeah, this is my experience too. I also have a chipped front tooth from when the fucker hammered the band in place. Didn't know it happened until the fucker removed them many years later and then blamed it on me saying it was from me not taking care of my teeth. Chassanoff was his name and I hated that sadistic fucker.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 12:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:35am
Kimmelweck wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 11:28am
My orthodontist jacked my teeth around for 4 years, from 4th to 8th grade, and I can’t even remember the fucker’s name. I’ll never forget that bastard with his little hammer though, pounding spacers between my back teeth to make room for those fucking bands. My head would ache for days. One of the best days of my life was when I got those braces off.
The days after getting them tightened was misery. I've also got scars on the inside of my cheeks from when they wouldn't properly clip the new wire and the ends would cut. Miserable miserable miserable.
Yeah, this is my experience too. I also have a chipped front tooth from when the fucker hammered the band in place. Didn't know it happened until the fucker removed them many years later and then blamed it on me saying it was from me not taking care of my teeth. Chassanoff was his name and I hated that sadistic fucker.
I also had little stains on my teeth where the pieces were glued. They're mostly gone, but I can still see the outline of one on one of my front teeth.

Even tho I have a good relationship with my dentist here, there's always some apprehension because of the monsters I dealt with as a kid (my family dentist literally yelled at kids).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

my teeth situation and mouth's smile appearance is so brutal, my chiropractor/lifelong friend calls me "Magnuson", from Keith Magnuson, hockey player. I have dental coverage but until this damn virus is gone there's no way i'm opening myself up to the year's worth of dental surgery etc. that will be required to fix my mouth up. So I just wear a mask, which not only helps me try and avoid the virus but also protects others from having to see "Magnuson" up close.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I heard the Twin Peaks theme in Loblaws yesterday, which someone could probably write a paper about, given how terrible that company/family is.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mixing up the crappy Elton John, Melissa Ethrdge, and Phil Collins was...ASIA

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
11 Nov 2023, 11:34am
Once got dragged against my will (honest) to a Melissa Etheridge concert and well....it did not stink at least. She can play guitar, I'll give her that.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Low Down Low wrote:
11 Nov 2023, 12:01pm
revbob wrote:
Once got dragged against my will (honest) to a Melissa Etheridge concert and well....it did not stink at least. She can play guitar, I'll give her that.

Her songs (the one's Ive endlessly heard on the radio) are really just boring.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
"Heat of the Moment"? Thankfully, that's the only one I know by them.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
11 Nov 2023, 12:12pm
Low Down Low wrote:
11 Nov 2023, 12:01pm
revbob wrote:

Her songs (the one's Ive endlessly heard on the radio) are really just boring.
Yeah, after that gig i did go and play one of her albums and found it pretty anodyne in comparison. Live she was a bit rockier than i anticipated, even did the Suzi Quatro drum thing if i remember correctly.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Just back from my local grocery store (Tops Friendly Markets). In the 5 minutes I was there, they played Peter Schilling - Major Tom. :approve:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 6:06pm
Just back from my local grocery store (Tops Friendly Markets). In the 5 minutes I was there, they played Peter Schilling - Major Tom. :approve:

A rare 80s one-hit wonder that I kinda like.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 7:51pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 6:06pm

A rare 80s one-hit wonder that I kinda like.
Funny, this wasn't ringing any bells for me until it reached the chorus and i realised I'd heard it before. Barely dented the limey charts, though, which i find rather surprising. That kind of stuff usually went down pretty well.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

There's only one version of the song that matters:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 8:32pm
There's only one version of the song that matters:
"Rocket Man," si! "Major Tom," no.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Don't think I'd heard the English version before. Probably never will again.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?