The grocery store (and gas station) music thread

General music discussion.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: The grocery store (and gas station) music thread

Post by Olaf »

Don't tell me you wouldn't think about it.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 5:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 8:07am
Olaf wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 7:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 7:21am
Olaf wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 5:45am

Read: Kinda like choosing between your nuts, you know the feeling.
Yet it's always the left one I put up for sale. :huh:
And yet never sell it. A classic love-hate relationship. Like Taylor and Burton.
I think it speaks well of me that I care more about my left nut than money. Or, rather, the amount of money thus far offered.
"All the world's pleasures in exchange for your left nut ... "
Nice try, Satan—that's not my left nut!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 6:16am
Olaf wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 5:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 8:07am
Olaf wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 7:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 7:21am

Yet it's always the left one I put up for sale. :huh:
And yet never sell it. A classic love-hate relationship. Like Taylor and Burton.
I think it speaks well of me that I care more about my left nut than money. Or, rather, the amount of money thus far offered.
"All the world's pleasures in exchange for your left nut ... "
Nice try, Satan—that's not my left nut!
:lol:
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I was waiting in line at the gas station this morning, just buying coffee and a donut, and of course the guy in front of me was buying something like 50 lottery tickets. They were playing Piano Man, so not only did I have to wait while this guy couldn't make up his mind which scratch offs he wanted, but I had to listen to way too much of that awful, awful song.

"She's talkin' to Davy, who's still in the Navy, and probably will be for life"

Absolutely wretched.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 10:34am
I was waiting in line at the gas station this morning, just buying coffee and a donut, and of course the guy in front of me was buying something like 50 lottery tickets. They were playing Piano Man, so not only did I have to wait while this guy couldn't make up his mind which scratch offs he wanted, but I had to listen to way too much of that awful, awful song.

Absolutely wretched.
This is only tangentially related, but at my grocery store I usually use the express lane (we live a half block away, so I tend to go for small runs multiple times during the week), but that's also the lottery ticket redemption/purchase lane. And it fucking takes forever because, yeah, nobody ever buys or brings in one or two. No, check these 50 tickets, and then I wanna get 50 more. Which leads to the express lane backing up and me doing my best to summon heat vision to burn that person to a crisp.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 11:39am
WestwayKid wrote:

Absolutely wretched.
This is only tangentially related, but at my grocery store I usually use the express lane (we live a half block away, so I tend to go for small runs multiple times during the week), but that's also the lottery ticket redemption/purchase lane. And it fucking takes forever because, yeah, nobody ever buys or brings in one or two. No, check these 50 tickets, and then I wanna get 50 more. Which leads to the express lane backing up and me doing my best to summon heat vision to burn that person to a crisp.
It feels like 9 out of 10 times I'm at the store that someone is struggling to purchase lotto tickets in front of me.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Absolutely wretched.
It feels like 9 out of 10 times I'm at the store that someone is struggling to purchase lotto tickets in front of me.
In sum, William Joel sucks.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 12:43pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Absolutely wretched.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 5:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 12:43pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Absolutely wretched.
When cool meets lame, lame is not elevated, cool is degraded.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Billy Joel is just fine in my book.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 6:00pm
We expect nothing less from you.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 7:27pm
matedog wrote:
We expect nothing less from you.
Hello,

I think you mean "We expect nothing more from you".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
Your book has been confiscated as violating the standards of good and moral people.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 8:06pm
matedog wrote:
Your book has been confiscated as violating the standards of good and moral people.
Hello,

No book banning - we must continue to educate to eliminate this Billy Joel person's music.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Yesterday I was in B & Q buying some paint with my neighbour. I'm helping him paint the rear of his house as he hates heights. And guess what's playing only Paranoid yep and it was followed by Phil Collins In the Air Tonight. I was smiling thinking rev would blow a fuse in this store which is kind of handy.

I will also add as I was leaving I heard the beginning of Stairway to Heaven and it seemed the perfect way to leave.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia