General music discussion.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: The grocery store (and gas station) music thread

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 10:44am
I heard "Never" by Heart this morning at the grocery store:

An interesting career trajectory. They had that post-hippy stoner vibe in the 1970s and then reinvented themselves as full on glam metal in the 80s and had a successful second career.
They did Ann Wilson dirty with all those close up shots.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:22am
Trader Joe's was playing the best of 99 on my last visit:
K-Ci and Jo Jo - All My Life
Len - Steal My Sunshine

There were a few others I can't remember but it was a good visit for the dawg.
I'm on a little ski trip with the missus and I put together a Blessed Decade mega playlist and Steal My Sunshine definitely made the cut :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:26am
matedog wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 11:22am
Trader Joe's was playing the best of 99 on my last visit:
K-Ci and Jo Jo - All My Life
Len - Steal My Sunshine

There were a few others I can't remember but it was a good visit for the dawg.
I'm on a little ski trip with the missus and I put together a Blessed Decade mega playlist and Steal My Sunshine definitely made the cut :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
You two are a scourge. a SCOURGE, I say.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not music, but I was just at the grocery store—cream milk and wine gums; I maintain the diet of champions—and the guy in front of me bought 8 jars of extra creamy Kraft peanut butter and two barbequed chickens. And that's it. There should be a hotline to call for that kind of suspicious activity, right?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 11:40am
Not music, but I was just at the grocery store—cream milk and wine gums; I maintain the diet of champions—and the guy in front of me bought 8 jars of extra creamy Kraft peanut butter and two barbequed chickens. And that's it. There should be a hotline to call for that kind of suspicious activity, right?
What? That's a dude who clearly knows how to party. I'd ha e asked if I could come over later to get my PB&C on.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 11:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What? That's a dude who clearly knows how to party. I'd ha e asked if I could come over later to get my PB&C on.
That's a guy who's going to be the villain in an episode of SVU where someone has to explain food fetish sex to Ice-T.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 11:46am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's a guy who's going to be the villain in an episode of SVU where someone has to explain food fetish sex to Ice-T.
"that's messed up"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 11:46am
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
"that's messed up"
That scene also needs Munch to talk about some conspiracy or reference to his ex-wife.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Did you buy cream, milk, wine, and gum? If not, what is cream milk and wine gum?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Did you buy cream, milk, wine, and gum? If not, what is cream milk and wine gum?
Is cream milk not the term used in the US? Cream for coffee, basically. 10% milk fat. And wine gums are a brand of gummy.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

WestwayKid wrote:

An interesting career trajectory. They had that post-hippy stoner vibe in the 1970s and then reinvented themselves as full on glam metal in the 80s and had a successful second career.
I can truly say with all my heart that I have never heard Never by Heart and never say never but my heart remains set on never hearing Never by Heart.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:37pm
WestwayKid wrote:

I can truly say with all my heart that I have never heard Never by Heart and never say never but my heart remains set on never hearing Never by Heart.
That'll never not be heartening.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:40pm
Low Down Low wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I definitely want to bypass this track as long as is humanly possible.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:40pm
Low Down Low wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I definitely want to bypass this track as long as is humanly possible.
I almost don't have the heart to tell you this, but that's never gonna happen.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:30pm
matedog wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 2:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is cream milk not the term used in the US? Cream for coffee, basically. 10% milk fat. And wine gums are a brand of gummy.
Wife and I aren’t familiar with that. Is that just half and half?

All I know is I’d much rather roll with the peanut butter and chicken guy than the milk gum or whatever guy.