Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea

General music discussion.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea

Post by dave202 »

I used to have the Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea as an 8cd file but have lost it. I still have The Clash gig, but some of the extras on other discs I miss, such as Matumbi and The Specials. If anyone has this, or a rip of the album, could they post it? Thanks in advance.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea

Post by Kory »

dave202 wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 9:42am
I used to have the Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea as an 8cd file but have lost it. I still have The Clash gig, but some of the extras on other discs I miss, such as Matumbi and The Specials. If anyone has this, or a rip of the album, could they post it? Thanks in advance.
It's a travesty that Matumbi's discography is not available on CD. Or almost anywhere, really. Same with Misty in Roots.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

dave202 wrote:
I found stuff on SoulSeek, 4 folders, first one is the original LP, the other 3 say they are rough mixes-outtakes, in FLAC. Hope this helps.

https://mega.nz/file/ut8SEBDC#5OrsvbQ4U ... wr4g4G7ayk
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 3:23pm
dave202 wrote:
It's a travesty that Matumbi's discography is not available on CD. Or almost anywhere, really. Same with Misty in Roots.
I agree on both counts. There has been some start to rereleasing Dennis Bovell's material with 'The DuBMASTER: The Essential Anthology' earlier this year and 'I Wah Dub' on Record Store Day #1 last year. I also have '4th Street Orchestra: Scientific Higher Ranking Dub' from 2006, but that's about it. Misty In Roots 'Live At The Couter Eurovision' would be a great re-release.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

weller259 wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:39am
dave202 wrote:
I found stuff on SoulSeek, 4 folders, first one is the original LP, the other 3 say they are rough mixes-outtakes, in FLAC. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

weller259 wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 12:39am
dave202 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Very interesting, I'm gonna check these out, thanks weller!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

dave202 wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 9:38am
Kory wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 3:23pm
dave202 wrote:
I agree on both counts. There has been some start to rereleasing Dennis Bovell's material with 'The DuBMASTER: The Essential Anthology' earlier this year and 'I Wah Dub' on Record Store Day #1 last year. I also have '4th Street Orchestra: Scientific Higher Ranking Dub' from 2006, but that's about it. Misty In Roots 'Live At The Couter Eurovision' would be a great re-release.
I suppose at this point in history, the only way we'd get it would be as a Super Deluxe, but that's never going to happen with bands this obscure.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

That version of Bankrobber really rocks! Never heard it before. Thanks for sharing!