General music discussion.
weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Re: I Need Help Identifying Songs

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 5:31pm
This one is going to be a bastard given that it's, I assume, from a boot. It's got that drunk and sloppy Replacements feel to it.
Yes definitely agree it will not be an easy one and definitely drunk and sloppy feel to it, my copy was part of a multi-song set, i'm not 100% sure this is edited from the actual beginning of the song, the previous song just blended into this one so the very beginning might be obscured, i'm really just not sure, lol. I can't tell if its a live cut or not, the static and all.
I only have like 2 tracks left and they aren't going to be any easier, lol
After this do you think Will will still talk with you? lol
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 7:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 5:31pm
This one is going to be a bastard given that it's, I assume, from a boot. It's got that drunk and sloppy Replacements feel to it.
Yes definitely agree it will not be an easy one and definitely drunk and sloppy feel to it, my copy was part of a multi-song set, i'm not 100% sure this is edited from the actual beginning of the song, the previous song just blended into this one so the very beginning might be obscured, i'm really just not sure, lol. I can't tell if its a live cut or not, the static and all.
I only have like 2 tracks left and they aren't going to be any easier, lol
After this do you think Will will still talk with you? lol
He won't be able to help on this one—not really the kind of stuff he would have listened to. But he owes me because I pulled him from a nuclear reactor, so he won't complain.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

OK well, I had 3 or 4 more to do so I made videos and tried uploading them to youtube, and lo and behold youtube's copyright checks got them all. Even the one reggae dub that I only had a brief snippet of. So other than the ones here that have not been found as of yet, all my other ones have been found. I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to help me, I am truly grateful.
I'm wondering if I should mention the songs youtube found for me, maybe i'll make them another packet of three's. I have been chasing these down unsuccessfully for over 20 years so to be left with just a couple, I am absolutely thrilled.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

weller259 wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 8:50pm
OK well, I had 3 or 4 more to do so I made videos and tried uploading them to youtube, and lo and behold youtube's copyright checks got them all. Even the one reggae dub that I only had a brief snippet of. So other than the ones here that have not been found as of yet, all my other ones have been found. I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to help me, I am truly grateful.
I'm wondering if I should mention the songs youtube found for me, maybe i'll make them another packet of three's. I have been chasing these down unsuccessfully for over 20 years so to be left with just a couple, I am absolutely thrilled.
Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread. It's been (will be?) fun exercise - plus new bands (new to me, anyway)!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

gkbill wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 10:30pm
weller259 wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 8:50pm
Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread. It's been (will be?) fun exercise - plus new bands (new to me, anyway)!
Thank you for participating. It was this board that made me think getting these identified was possible and for that I am truly fortunate and grateful.

FarawayTowns
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by FarawayTowns »

Very enjoyable thread. Been reading and was hoping I could help but alas no.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

weller259 wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 8:20pm
I have a bunch of songs that I recorded off a distant college radio station back in the mid 80's through the early 90's and while I did try to get artists and song titles back then, I couldn't get all of them due to the fact it was the 80's and I was in my 20's ... I would love to find out the artists and song titles for these songs, i've been looking since 2001, I have gotten some but I still have many and this board has so many people with way more knowledge than me, i'm hoping someone might be able to give me some help. I have created videos with the audio in question, the audio quality is like listening to a distant radio station back in the 80's, lol. I figured if anyone could help me find these, this board could. I have nothing to lose, except my pride, so as I say I have nothing to lose by asking.
Here's the first one, please help a geezer out if you can :mrgreen:

I've got this song stuck in my head now. It's just insanely catchy. And that I don't have a clue who is singing really annoys me.

Thanks very much, weller. ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Olaf wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 3:19pm
weller259 wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 8:20pm
I have a bunch of songs that I recorded off a distant college radio station back in the mid 80's through the early 90's and while I did try to get artists and song titles back then, I couldn't get all of them due to the fact it was the 80's and I was in my 20's ... I would love to find out the artists and song titles for these songs, i've been looking since 2001, I have gotten some but I still have many and this board has so many people with way more knowledge than me, i'm hoping someone might be able to give me some help. I have created videos with the audio in question, the audio quality is like listening to a distant radio station back in the 80's, lol. I figured if anyone could help me find these, this board could. I have nothing to lose, except my pride, so as I say I have nothing to lose by asking.
Here's the first one, please help a geezer out if you can :mrgreen:

I've got this song stuck in my head now. It's just insanely catchy. And that I don't have a clue who is singing really annoys me.

You think YOU'RE annoyed, I have had that song in my head for over 20 years and have no clue who is singing it.

You're welcome, sir.

:twisted: :lol:

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Olaf wrote:

I'm popping in to this thread every couple of days to see if there's an answer yet :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

oliver wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 8:48am
Olaf wrote:

I'm popping in to this thread every couple of days to see if there's an answer yet :)
Even tho it's not really the kind of song I think Will would know, I've sent it along to him, mainly because he might be able to tap his wider circle of friends.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Good luck to Will and his friends! Looks like they're our best bet right now.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Will got back to me and said that until the vocals kicked in, he would have said Soul Coughing. He said that musically it sounds exactly like something off their first album. So, does that spark any ideas?