Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: I Need Help Identifying Songs

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:00pm
Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 2:52pm
With this kind of thing I usually find a lyric lookup will help, but I can't tell what the hell she's singing.
I did that already with the words I picked out and it gave me nuthin'.

edit: Which, I guess, is a useful clue that this is, in fact, a really obscure song, perhaps the only thing the group managed to record, and it hasn't been rescued for digitization/streaming.
I tried Shazam too but it's either too obscure or the quality from the radio recording is too obscurant.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
With this kind of thing I usually find a lyric lookup will help, but I can't tell what the hell she's singing.

edit: Which, I guess, is a useful clue that this is, in fact, a really obscure song, perhaps the only thing the group managed to record, and it hasn't been rescued for digitization/streaming.
I tried Shazam too but it's either too obscure or the quality from the radio recording is too obscurant.
Maybe Marky could run it thru his Marky Machine and clean it up so we could actually hear what is being said.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Maybe Marky could run it thru his Marky Machine and clean it up so we could actually hear what is being said.
Marky Machine Music
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:33pm
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:22pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Marky Machine Music
The album Lou Reed chose to die rather than officially release!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

Kory wrote:
Yes, me either! A clean copy of the song certainly would help, lol
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

I thought this would be the easiest one, a few of the others I can't ascertain are probably obscure as hell too. I appreciate all the efforts made on my behalf, I truly do. I will post another one a few hours from now. Also, I did contact the station themselves years ago to try and get some assistance but the then-current college kids didn't seem to want to be too helpful, lol.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

weller259 wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 4:24pm
I thought this would be the easiest one, a few of the others I can't ascertain are probably obscure as hell too. I appreciate all the efforts made on my behalf, I truly do. I will post another one a few hours from now. Also, I did contact the station themselves years ago to try and get some assistance but the then-current college kids didn't seem to want to be too helpful, lol.
Yeah all handwritten playlists back then. And if they didn't save them or even digitize them forget about it.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

here's another lost cause, shot in the dark hail Mary attempt #2. I have zero information about this whatsoever. The sound quality is better, reception was pretty good that night

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I got nuthin' and googling lyric sections doesn't burp anything up.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

I tried as well - no luck!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The second song sounds like something a buddy of mine would have been into back in the day—that 80s college underground stuff—so I've sent him the link to see if it rings any bells.

edit: Friend got back immediately. He says the voice and music seem really familiar, but he can't quite place it. He's going to solicit the input of other friends who might recognize it.

son of edit: My guy came thru: https://www.discogs.com/release/1042877 ... ter-To-Two. Weird coincidence that they were from Ottawa.

edit III: Not that song, but their two albums are available for free at bandcamp: https://mysticzealots.bandcamp.com/

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:06am
The second song sounds like something a buddy of mine would have been into back in the day—that 80s college underground stuff—so I've sent him the link to see if it rings any bells.

edit: Friend got back immediately. He says the voice and music seem really familiar, but he can't quite place it. He's going to solicit the input of other friends who might recognize it.

son of edit: My guy came thru: https://www.discogs.com/release/1042877 ... ter-To-Two. Weird coincidence that they were from Ottawa.

edit III: Not that song, but their two albums are available for free at bandcamp: https://mysticzealots.bandcamp.com/
Wow Dr. THANK YOU! At least now I know who the artist is, tell your guy MANY THANKS! Now all I have to do is try and find a copy of that single. Searching SoulSeek has turned up the two albums but not the single. Thank you so much! OMG this is awesome!

Stay tuned, I have another one coming up soon.

And THANK YOU for all who have taken the time to try and help me, I am truly grateful.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

weller259 wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 5:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Wow Dr. THANK YOU! At least now I know who the artist is, tell your guy MANY THANKS! Now all I have to do is try and find a copy of that single. Searching SoulSeek has turned up the two albums but not the single. Thank you so much! OMG this is awesome!

And THANK YOU for all who have taken the time to try and help me, I am truly grateful.
This is a fun exercise

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've already alerted/warned my bud that he might be getting another tap on the shoulder.

edit: The discogs link shows a couple copies of the vinyl of that single for sale, fairly cheap, too.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 6:02pm
weller259 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This is a fun exercise
I tried but failed!