laxman wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 6:33pm
revbob wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 6:02pm
weller259 wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 5:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:06am
The second song sounds like something a buddy of mine would have been into back in the day—that 80s college underground stuff—so I've sent him the link to see if it rings any bells.

edit: Friend got back immediately. He says the voice and music seem really familiar, but he can't quite place it. He's going to solicit the input of other friends who might recognize it.

son of edit: My guy came thru: https://www.discogs.com/release/1042877 ... ter-To-Two. Weird coincidence that they were from Ottawa.

edit III: Not that song, but their two albums are available for free at bandcamp: https://mysticzealots.bandcamp.com/
Wow Dr. THANK YOU! At least now I know who the artist is, tell your guy MANY THANKS! Now all I have to do is try and find a copy of that single. Searching SoulSeek has turned up the two albums but not the single. Thank you so much! OMG this is awesome!

Stay tuned, I have another one coming up soon.

And THANK YOU for all who have taken the time to try and help me, I am truly grateful.
This is a fun exercise
I tried but failed!
Same here, got nothing on either of them, Doc's the man!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: I Need Help Identifying Songs

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 8:51pm
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The second song sounds like something a buddy of mine would have been into back in the day—that 80s college underground stuff—so I've sent him the link to see if it rings any bells.

edit: Friend got back immediately. He says the voice and music seem really familiar, but he can't quite place it. He's going to solicit the input of other friends who might recognize it.

son of edit: My guy came thru: https://www.discogs.com/release/1042877 ... ter-To-Two. Weird coincidence that they were from Ottawa.

edit III: Not that song, but their two albums are available for free at bandcamp: https://mysticzealots.bandcamp.com/
Wow Dr. THANK YOU! At least now I know who the artist is, tell your guy MANY THANKS! Now all I have to do is try and find a copy of that single. Searching SoulSeek has turned up the two albums but not the single. Thank you so much! OMG this is awesome!

And THANK YOU for all who have taken the time to try and help me, I am truly grateful.
This is a fun exercise
I tried but failed!
Careful about unnecessarily boosting his ego

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

This was a fun exercise. The Discovery Years is a pretty decent album. It's old but it's new to me - I love hearing new bands.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I have to say, I had another one ready and when I tried to upload it on youtube for this, there was a copyright claim so youtube told me who it was and the title, that didn't come up on the other songs I posted. Or this one either.
Cmon Doc show us how its done! lol

From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 6:05pm
I've already alerted/warned my bud that he might be getting another tap on the shoulder.

edit: The discogs link shows a couple copies of the vinyl of that single for sale, fairly cheap, too.
Yes, I see that, one from Canada and one from the US, i'm thinking hard about it I must say. My accountant is on a different page than I am at the moment, lol.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 8:51pm
laxman wrote:
revbob wrote:
weller259 wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

This is a fun exercise
I tried but failed!
Credit goes to my friend. My only skill was thinking, "This is the kind of stuff Will listened to back then."
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Doin it well -- The Vipers

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 6:54am
Now *that* is how it's done. I thought it was a British Invasion group so I was searching thru Nuggets-style comps. Good job!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 6:59am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Now *that* is how it's done. I thought it was a British Invasion group so I was searching thru Nuggets-style comps. Good job!
Didnt recognise the song but familiar enough with the band, supported the Clash I think at their 78 Dublin gig.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! This has turned out to be a good idea for me to try this board for these songs I have been trying to find/figure out for over 20+ years. I have a couple more, they are cover versions by bands I do not know. I also have one reggae clip, a riff that someone will either know, or not, there are no words per se that can be tracked. I will save that one for last. Next song will be posted soon, THANK YOU to EVERYONE for all your help!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

OK, here's another one, I believe its a cover of a song by The Seeds called No Escape, there are other cover versions out there but not this one as far as I can find.
Posting these to youtube has revealed 2 of the songs i've been looking for. I should have done this a lot sooner than waiting for now, lol.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

Olaf wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 3:30pm
WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH! Awwesome!!! So fast on this one, I am amazed. THANK YOU!!!

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator

Post by weller259 »

That last one was found so quickly. I can only hope this one is found as quick. lol.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

weller259 wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 4:42pm
That last one was found so quickly. I can only hope this one is found as quick. lol.
This one is going to be a bastard given that it's, I assume, from a boot. It's got that drunk and sloppy Replacements feel to it.