Raw Power Remixed

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Raw Power Remixed

Post by Marky Dread »

Look out honey Marky is using technology and he ain't got time to make no apology!

All you street walkin' cheetahs with hearts full of napalm, this one's for you.

It's here for two weeks then it's gone. Don't ask for re-ups as it ain't happening.

Too late! Gone now.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 11 Sep 2022, 4:31am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Raw Power Remixed

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 9:13am
Look out honey Marky is using technology and he ain't got time to make no apology!

It's here for two weeks then it's gone. Don't ask for re-ups as it ain't happening.

https://mega.nz/file/S25hFCKD#XaM1OVg0E ... ZRoPh_Nzlw
Thanks Marky!!!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hey Marky,

Thanks! This will be my evening listen!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Sweet! Thank you for this.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks Marky. Looking forward to this tonight.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 9:13am

https://mega.nz/file/S25hFCKD#XaM1OVg0E ... ZRoPh_Nzlw
Nice on Marky! Looking forward to blasting this! Cheers

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

KILLER MIX! Love it! One of my all time favs sounding better than ever.
I just did a A-B with with re-release of the Bowie version, yours totally kicks it's ass.

If the technology ever becomes available to make some of those 73-74 demos sound good i know you will rock it

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 12:57pm
KILLER MIX! Love it! One of my all time favs sounding better than ever.
I just did a A-B with with re-release of the Bowie version, yours totally kicks it's ass.

If the technology ever becomes available to make some of those 73-74 demos sound good i know you will rock it
Thanks mate glad you are digging it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Thanks for sharing this with us Marky!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

Oh yeah! Big thanks for this one. Looking forward to giving this a spin.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Cool! Thanks Marky.

I sure wish James had gotten to remix this from the multi-tracks. He and the late Ed Charney did a fantastic job on Kill City. Much better than Iggy’s iffy remix job on this album, though the vinyl version of that is much better than the practically unlistenable CD they released. Good choice to start with the Bowie mix for your reworking. Oh, and the myth of Raw Power recording the whole band on one track is not true. Bowie and Iggy may have mixed the album in LA from stems, but the multi-tracks are a standard for the era professional recording.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 11:47pm
Cool! Thanks Marky.

I sure wish James had gotten to remix this from the multi-tracks. He and the late Ed Charney did a fantastic job on Kill City. Much better than Iggy’s iffy remix job on this album, though the vinyl version of that is much better than the practically unlistenable CD they released. Good choice to start with the Bowie mix for your reworking. Oh, and the myth of Raw Power recording the whole band on one track is not true. Bowie and Iggy may have mixed the album in LA from stems, but the multi-tracks are a standard for the era professional recording.
The only track which appears to be mixed with everything straight down the middle of the mix is "Search and Destroy". The drums were forced so far back on that track they sounded weak. The whole of the original mix did suffer from sounding thin with poor separation.

Iggy's mix was a messy affair with virtually every fader pushed up into the red to increase the volume and that lost all nuances and made for an over distorted sound.

Agree on "Kill City" that sounds really good.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 2:31am
Cool! Thanks Marky.

The only track which appears to be mixed with everything straight down the middle of the mix is "Search and Destroy". The drums were forced so far back on that track they sounded weak. The whole of the original mix did suffer from sounding thin with poor separation.

Iggy's mix was a messy affair with virtually every fader pushed up into the red to increase the volume and that lost all nuances and made for an over distorted sound.

This is what Im most familiar with so your remix is a huge difference. Im hearing stuff I never heard/noticed before.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 8:18am
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 2:31am
Cool! Thanks Marky.

This is what Im most familiar with so your remix is a huge difference. Im hearing stuff I never heard/noticed before.
Nice one rev. It's a truly great album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I think that Kill City is one of the best remixes out there, there is no comparison between the album we grew up with and the remix, I was amazed at what a great job James did