Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:06pm
topperville wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 3:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 4:37pm
motorsmell wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 3:49pm
Can see this being plenty ££££ however last chance saloon I reckon for a lineup of this magnitude, Iggy can still do it as can Blondie, gen sex was interesting on you tube and I'd rather it was the Profs with Jones but seeing as I fucked off the pistols reunions might be my last chance for cook and Jones action!
I saw the Pistols play Crystal Palace. Fucking horrible venue. Great line up though.
I was also at that Pistols gig. And it is a horrible venue. There was a very tense/unpleasant/violent atmosphere that afternoon/evening… Not in my top gig list for sure!
I went with a mate (Paul) who wore his West Ham football shirt. In the crowd I turned away from him for a minute to chat with someone else and when I looked back at him he was covered in blood I asked him what happened and he told me some guy just walked up to him and punched him in the face. He pointed out the guy to me so I grabbed the guy and asked him why he hit Paul and he said something like "crap shirt". At this point I lost my shit completely and smacked him one and we end up on the floor wrestling and trading blows. Unbeknownst to me his mates were there and they started to stamp on my head. I grabbed a leg and pulled another guy to the floor by which time it was now three against one. But I'm a tough fucker and got back up on my feet and fought them off and they turned and ran into the crowd like a bunch of cowards.

This guy said to me after he had witnessed them going through the crowd punching people at random. Not a good start to the afternoon that was plagued by shit sound. When the Pistols came on and played their cover of Silver Machine the sound was just fading in and out across the place sounding crap. Not a patch on when they played in '96 at Finsbury Park.
At Crystal Palace there were groups of thugs marauding through the crowd just attacking people randomly. They weren’t there for the music/atmosphere but to cause trouble and mug people. And, as you say Marky, the sound was shite as well… And yet Finsbury Park 96 was like a chilled out party!
I think there was a lot of expectation that the Pistols wouldn't be any at Finsbury Park. But they were superb and sounded really powerful. Great gig loved every second. And with Iggy Pop/Stiff Little Fingers/Buzzcocks/The Wildhearts/3 Colours Red/60 ft Dolls/Skunk Anansie as support it was a great day out.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Gig of the year?

Post by Silent Majority »

Steve Diggles' Buzzcocks (who I haven't seen since Pete Shelley died) and Glen Matlock added to the bill at Iggy's Dog Day Afternoon, which is cool. I had decided to see Glen when I next had the chance so I would have seen all the Pistols after Steve Jones and Paul Cook with Billy Idol and Tony James at this event and PiL twice, but Matlock's thoughtfully saved me any bother.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Stiff Little Fingers added. Hope this is as good as it looks to be.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:25pm
Stiff Little Fingers added. Hope this is as good as it looks to be.
Nice!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 3:43am
Steve Diggles' Buzzcocks (who I haven't seen since Pete Shelley died) and Glen Matlock added to the bill at Iggy's Dog Day Afternoon, which is cool. I had decided to see Glen when I next had the chance so I would have seen all the Pistols after Steve Jones and Paul Cook with Billy Idol and Tony James at this event and PiL twice, but Matlock's thoughtfully saved me any bother.
If you ain't seen Sid you ain't shit.🤣

This line up is fast resembling that of the Sex Pistols gig at Finsbury Park in '96.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia