Gig of the year?

General music discussion.
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Gig of the year?

Post by motorsmell »

Can see this being plenty ££££ however last chance saloon I reckon for a lineup of this magnitude, Iggy can still do it as can Blondie, gen sex was interesting on you tube and I'd rather it was the Profs with Jones but seeing as I fucked off the pistols reunions might be my last chance for cook and Jones action!
Attachments
IMG-20221116-WA0001.jpg

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Gig of the year?

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 3:49pm
Can see this being plenty ££££ however last chance saloon I reckon for a lineup of this magnitude, Iggy can still do it as can Blondie, gen sex was interesting on you tube and I'd rather it was the Profs with Jones but seeing as I fucked off the pistols reunions might be my last chance for cook and Jones action!
I saw the Pistols play Crystal Palace. Fucking horrible venue. Great line up though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Damn, this does look like it'll be a blast, shit venue or otherwise.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Fuck, hometown. Might have to be done.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Tickets on sale tomorrow?? Well, that gives me no time to get stuff together.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 10:50am
You mean knock over a liquor store?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:38pm
Silent Majority wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 10:50am
You mean knock over a liquor store?
Liquor store, mugging spree, whatever it took. I told the wife about the gig and she's refused to take "completely unfeasible" for an answer, so we'll crash on her mum's couch and put the tix on an overburdened card.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Booked the fuck in. I'd have considered myself lucky to have a chance to see any of these acts individually, let alone at one go. Really reasonable cost, too, considering. Now to rob a liquor store.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 11:43am
Booked the fuck in. I'd have considered myself lucky to have a chance to see any of these acts individually, let alone at one go. Really reasonable cost, too, considering. Now to rob a liquor store.
Ah robbery, the coolest of crimes.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 4:37pm
motorsmell wrote:
I saw the Pistols play Crystal Palace. Fucking horrible venue. Great line up though.
I was also at that Pistols gig. And it is a horrible venue. There was a very tense/unpleasant/violent atmosphere that afternoon/evening… Not in my top gig list for sure!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 3:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
I was also at that Pistols gig. And it is a horrible venue. There was a very tense/unpleasant/violent atmosphere that afternoon/evening… Not in my top gig list for sure!
I went with a mate (Paul) who wore his West Ham football shirt. In the crowd I turned away from him for a minute to chat with someone else and when I looked back at him he was covered in blood I asked him what happened and he told me some guy just walked up to him and punched him in the face. He pointed out the guy to me so I grabbed the guy and asked him why he hit Paul and he said something like "crap shirt". At this point I lost my shit completely and smacked him one and we end up on the floor wrestling and trading blows. Unbeknownst to me his mates were there and they started to stamp on my head. I grabbed a leg and pulled another guy to the floor by which time it was now three against one. But I'm a tough fucker and got back up on my feet and fought them off and they turned and ran into the crowd like a bunch of cowards.

This guy said to me after he had witnessed them going through the crowd punching people at random. Not a good start to the afternoon that was plagued by shit sound. When the Pistols came on and played their cover of Silver Machine the sound was just fading in and out across the place sounding crap. Not a patch on when they played in '96 at Finsbury Park.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:06pm
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
I went with a mate (Paul) who wore his West Ham football shirt. In the crowd I turned away from him for a minute to chat with someone else and when I looked back at him he was covered in blood I asked him what happened and he told me some guy just walked up to him and punched him in the face. He pointed out the guy to me so I grabbed the guy and asked him why he hit Paul and he said something like "crap shirt". At this point I lost my shit completely and smacked him one and we end up on the floor wrestling and trading blows. Unbeknownst to me his mates were there and they started to stamp on my head. I grabbed a leg and pulled another guy to the floor by which time it was now three against one. But I'm a tough fucker and got back up on my feet and fought them off and they turned and ran into the crowd like a bunch of cowards.

This guy said to me after he had witnessed them going through the crowd punching people at random. Not a good start to the afternoon that was plagued by shit sound. When the Pistols came on and played their cover of Silver Machine the sound was just fading in and out across the place sounding crap. Not a patch on when they played in '96 at Finsbury Park.
What a crap experience for what should have been a great day for you.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:06pm
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

What a crap experience for what should have been a great day for you.
Yeah it was to be honest. But that gig felt like it had been chucked together at the last minute. Also mentioning the Pistols at Finsbury Park reminded me that was the last time I saw Iggy perform live. I'm envious of you going to see him and I hope your day is nothing less than fantastic. 😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia