Silent Majority wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 4:06pm
topperville wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 3:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 4:37pm

I saw the Pistols play Crystal Palace. Fucking horrible venue. Great line up though.
I was also at that Pistols gig. And it is a horrible venue. There was a very tense/unpleasant/violent atmosphere that afternoon/evening… Not in my top gig list for sure!
I went with a mate (Paul) who wore his West Ham football shirt. In the crowd I turned away from him for a minute to chat with someone else and when I looked back at him he was covered in blood I asked him what happened and he told me some guy just walked up to him and punched him in the face. He pointed out the guy to me so I grabbed the guy and asked him why he hit Paul and he said something like "crap shirt". At this point I lost my shit completely and smacked him one and we end up on the floor wrestling and trading blows. Unbeknownst to me his mates were there and they started to stamp on my head. I grabbed a leg and pulled another guy to the floor by which time it was now three against one. But I'm a tough fucker and got back up on my feet and fought them off and they turned and ran into the crowd like a bunch of cowards.

This guy said to me after he had witnessed them going through the crowd punching people at random. Not a good start to the afternoon that was plagued by shit sound. When the Pistols came on and played their cover of Silver Machine the sound was just fading in and out across the place sounding crap. Not a patch on when they played in '96 at Finsbury Park.
What a crap experience for what should have been a great day for you.
Yeah it was to be honest. But that gig felt like it had been chucked together at the last minute. Also mentioning the Pistols at Finsbury Park reminded me that was the last time I saw Iggy perform live. I'm envious of you going to see him and I hope your day is nothing less than fantastic. 😎
Fair fucks for taking those cunts on, cowards or no. Probably thought they were being proper punks.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Gig of the year?

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 3:49pm
Can see this being plenty ££££ however last chance saloon I reckon for a lineup of this magnitude, Iggy can still do it as can Blondie, gen sex was interesting on you tube and I'd rather it was the Profs with Jones but seeing as I fucked off the pistols reunions might be my last chance for cook and Jones action!
I saw the Pistols play Crystal Palace. Fucking horrible venue. Great line up though.
I was also at that Pistols gig. And it is a horrible venue. There was a very tense/unpleasant/violent atmosphere that afternoon/evening… Not in my top gig list for sure!
I went with a mate (Paul) who wore his West Ham football shirt. In the crowd I turned away from him for a minute to chat with someone else and when I looked back at him he was covered in blood I asked him what happened and he told me some guy just walked up to him and punched him in the face. He pointed out the guy to me so I grabbed the guy and asked him why he hit Paul and he said something like "crap shirt". At this point I lost my shit completely and smacked him one and we end up on the floor wrestling and trading blows. Unbeknownst to me his mates were there and they started to stamp on my head. I grabbed a leg and pulled another guy to the floor by which time it was now three against one. But I'm a tough fucker and got back up on my feet and fought them off and they turned and ran into the crowd like a bunch of cowards.

This guy said to me after he had witnessed them going through the crowd punching people at random. Not a good start to the afternoon that was plagued by shit sound. When the Pistols came on and played their cover of Silver Machine the sound was just fading in and out across the place sounding crap. Not a patch on when they played in '96 at Finsbury Park.
Jesus, people are insane.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Can see this being plenty ££££ however last chance saloon I reckon for a lineup of this magnitude, Iggy can still do it as can Blondie, gen sex was interesting on you tube and I'd rather it was the Profs with Jones but seeing as I fucked off the pistols reunions might be my last chance for cook and Jones action!

Good for you Marky, don't take no shit from some fools all because of a shirt. I would have thrown the first punch. Good thing you took that "six boot salute" and turned it around dropping one of those goons and then they ran off like cowards.

I knew I liked you for a reason other than The Clash

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
You're Wobble! A tough fucker but with a zen outlook in his geezerhood. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Yeah I'm not a violent guy and don't want to advocate those actions. But I'm more than capable of looking after myself and if you want to take me on then be prepared you might win but I'll be the best damned second you ever had. But my bugbear is cowards in groups with a few beers inside them.

Punk rock isn't about kicking a guy when he's down it's about helping the guy back up to his feet and then giving him your signed copy of London Calling. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 7:39pm
Yeah I'm not a violent guy and don't want to advocate those actions. But I'm more than capable of looking after myself and if you want to take me on then be prepared you might win but I'll be the best damned second you ever had. But my bugbear is cowards in groups with a few beers inside them.

Punk rock isn't about kicking a guy when he's down it's about helping the guy back up to his feet and then giving him your signed copy of London Calling. 😉
The first part for sure, but I don't know about that 2nd part.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:

You are totally our dad here. :lol:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 7:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Yes okay in your case a signed copy of the first Black Sabbath album. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 7:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:

You are totally our dad here. :lol:
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 10:56pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I guess I dont know the back story. I'll help someone up all day long but im not giving up a prized possession.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 11:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I guess I dont know the back story. I'll help someone up all day long but im not giving up a prized possession.
Let's just say it's all about helping a guy out and leave it there. 👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Relax, no one's after your Black Sabbath socks.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 6:12am
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Don't make him paranoid. Those are his war socks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 6:12am
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

People are never upfront about these things they wait until you have your guard down and then lower the boom.

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
topperville wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

At Crystal Palace there were groups of thugs marauding through the crowd just attacking people randomly. They weren’t there for the music/atmosphere but to cause trouble and mug people. And, as you say Marky, the sound was shite as well… And yet Finsbury Park 96 was like a chilled out party!