Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: NOMINATIONS AND QUALIFIERS

General music discussion.
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: NOMINATIONS AND QUALIFIERS

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 1:32pm
I was going to avoid this because I know it will somehow devolve into Slade or Greg Lake winning despite being far from the best or even great.

But in the spirit of something here I go.
I'd second the vote for Joey Ramone "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" or we could always go with some Replacements "Bundle Up"! I mean with a line like "Not a creature was stirrin' 'cause they all was drunk" how can you go wrong? Just says Christmas cheer.

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: NOMINATIONS AND QUALIFIERS

Post by Olaf »

Flex wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 4:57pm

Remember folks, no limit to seconding nominations, but the songs need 'em! By my count, Heston, Low Down Low and motorsmell's offerings need to be seconded still. And, of course, the more song nominations the better so don't be shy.
I second all nominations that haven't been seconded so far.

Also, my nominations:
Still war die Nacht - Marlene Dietrich
Fairytale of New York- The Pogues

Don't think the German song will get past the group stage though. Been there before. ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 8:14am
Flex wrote:

Remember folks, no limit to seconding nominations, but the songs need 'em! By my count, Heston, Low Down Low and motorsmell's offerings need to be seconded still. And, of course, the more song nominations the better so don't be shy.
I second all nominations that haven't been seconded so far.

Also, my nominations:
Still war die Nacht - Marlene Dietrich
Fairytale of New York- The Pogues

Don't think the German song will get past the group stage though. Been there before. ;)
I second Olafs picks

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:
I was going to avoid this because I know it will somehow devolve into Slade or Greg Lake winning despite being far from the best or even great.

KIhIBFPtnoc

Cmzn8JfV_fk
Great picks. A heavy hitter and a compelling cover of a heavy hitter. I'll second these nominations.

LDL seconded my picks.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

If someone was of a mind to nominate Tom Waits version of Silent Night, i would be a very willing seconder ;)

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 8:40am
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

KIhIBFPtnoc

Cmzn8JfV_fk
Great picks. A heavy hitter and a compelling cover of a heavy hitter. I'll second these nominations.

LDL seconded my picks.
🖒🖒

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Santa Claus go Straight to the Ghetto - James Brown

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Father Christmas by the Kinks

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'll back revbob Waldorf's suggestions here.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Little Saint Nick!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'll heartily second the beach boys nomination! For folks who may have just submitted one song so far, you can do up to two! And anyone who wants to offer up some selections, you can still do so for the rest of the day!

The selections are starting to shape up quite nicely, this will be fun.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 12:21pm
Seconded!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I'm in for the Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping" as well as the Beach Boys "Little Saint Nick", both are on my iPod "Christmas Tunes" playlist.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

MY all-time favorite Christmas song by the Fab Four. A Must-have.

One Christmas Catalogue by Captain Sensible, another of my all-time faves. Another must-have if anyone asks me.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope