Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

General music discussion.
Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Flex » 30 Mar 2018, 12:49pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:48pm
I've been hired to do oppo research by Dillon's Resistance.
Too late, hotplate. I've already Made Dillon Great Again.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79732
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Mar 2018, 12:53pm

Flex wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:48pm
I've been hired to do oppo research by Dillon's Resistance.
Too late, hotplate. I've already Made Dillon Great Again.
I suppose you have gotten life expectancy back down to the glorious Cretaceous Period.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79732
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 May 2018, 5:38pm

Image
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40235
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Marky Dread » 24 May 2018, 7:08pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2018, 5:38pm
Image
Is that an easter egg with a gun?
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by revbob » 18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm


Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Wolter » 19 Jul 2018, 12:33am

revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm
I have honestly never heard “Dirt Dauber” used outside of South Carolina.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by revbob » 19 Jul 2018, 3:53pm

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:33am
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm
I have honestly never heard “Dirt Dauber” used outside of South Carolina.
Made up of JD Wilkes from The Legendary Shack Shakers, his wife and some others.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79732
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jul 2018, 4:12pm

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:33am
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm
I have honestly never heard “Dirt Dauber” used outside of South Carolina.
Wasn't Dirt Dauber governor during the 1920s? If memory serves, he was an arch-segregationist and wasn't too keen on Jews or Catholics either.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Wolter » 19 Jul 2018, 5:48pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 4:12pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:33am
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm
I have honestly never heard “Dirt Dauber” used outside of South Carolina.
Wasn't Dirt Dauber governor during the 1920s? If memory serves, he was an arch-segregationist and wasn't too keen on Jews or Catholics either.
You’re thinking of Pinckney “Mud Puppy” Ravenel.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79732
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jul 2018, 6:06pm

Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 5:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 4:12pm
Wolter wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 12:33am
revbob wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 7:09pm
I have honestly never heard “Dirt Dauber” used outside of South Carolina.
Wasn't Dirt Dauber governor during the 1920s? If memory serves, he was an arch-segregationist and wasn't too keen on Jews or Catholics either.
You’re thinking of Pinckney “Mud Puppy” Ravenel.
Huh. Maybe it's Alabama.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Flex » 25 Jan 2019, 5:57pm

I have been listening to episodes of the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast, which are deeply researched dives into 20th century country artists/songs/etc: https://cocaineandrhinestones.com/

Great stuff. The Bobbie Gentry episode is fascinating as hell.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Flex » 10 Feb 2019, 12:38am

Been digging Sunny Sweeney lately. Here she is covering jerry jeff walker:


on a hank-related note, if i'd written the Kristofferson tune, I'd have probably called it "if you don't like hank williams then you can go fuck yourself" which is why no one asks me to write lyrics for them.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 51250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Wolter » 10 Feb 2019, 12:57am

Flex wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 5:57pm
I have been listening to episodes of the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast, which are deeply researched dives into 20th century country artists/songs/etc: https://cocaineandrhinestones.com/

Great stuff. The Bobbie Gentry episode is fascinating as hell.
I somehow missed this the first time. Yeah that podcast owns. The Spade Cooley one is not for the faint of heart, even if (like me) you already knew a bit about him from James Ellroy.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Flex & Wolt's Thread of Truckliness

Post by Flex » 01 Mar 2019, 4:13pm

Wolter wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 12:57am
I somehow missed this the first time. Yeah that podcast owns. The Spade Cooley one is not for the faint of heart, even if (like me) you already knew a bit about him from James Ellroy.
The Spade Cooley episode was horrifying.

I just finished the Tom T. Hall episode today and it prompted me to try to dig into his catalog a bit more than the Greatest Hits I already know (and enjoy). Man... he had not been served well in the digital era. I'd say a good 3/4 or more of his albums have never made it onto CD and the streaming pickings are pretty slim.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests